Is a low 11 second Mustang considered fast anymore?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I honestly think it depends on where you live at. Low 11's is respectable, but certainly more the norm.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
To the average person an 11 sec car is fast. I took one of my coworkers who was retiring out to lunch in my basic pullied, or/x cobra and she thought it was the fastest thing out there. I wouldn't call an 11 sec car slow.

Blown 89

Established Member
That's hanging with our beating a lot of 6 figure cars so yeah, that's quick.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Low 11's is pretty fast. People talk smack but actually getting your ride in the low 11's takes a good bit of power, traction and talent.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think an 11 second street car/weekend car (theres that whole deal, lets not go there) is pretty damned quick.

its easy to get caught up on the boards where it seems like everyones knocking down the door to a 9 second pass but go to the local track any given night and watch what the majority of the world runs...11s is still a pretty stout ride

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
yeah it's still pretty quick for a daily driver type car. Not "King of the Hill" quick, but very damn quick nonetheless (and quicker than I have ever went thus far btw).

It's still quite an accomplishment to take a daily driver type car and ACTUALLY RUN low 11's, among all the guys with "cars that should run high 10's" if you catch my drift. There's ALOT of dudes out there with 700 rwhp high-12 second cars.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I think while it is pretty quick for the time being, however the gap between average production cars and 11 second cars is steadily closing. From 2003 to 2013 the v6 mustang jumped 90hp. Not to mention the GT's stock over 400hp and so easily modifiable. Just seems like 11 is starting to get more obtainable in general.

It's still quite an accomplishment to take a daily driver type car and ACTUALLY RUN low 11's, among all the guys with "cars that should run high 10's" if you catch my drift. There's ALOT of dudes out there with 700 rwhp high-12 second cars.

This is completely true. While i had pretty well rounded mods at the time the first time at the track I only ran best a 12.8 after about 10 passes just from being a completely novice. If you're talking about an '11 second car' in the sense of their general power, that's one thing. But actually running 11's in it is a completely different story.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
in the youtube era of TX2K the perception of power is so skewed its retarded.

in reality a high 13sec is "fast" on the street. my father in law thinks my stock SHO is a "rocketship", and in my 5.slow i can flat out scare him, he thinks its far to fast. and its a low 12sec@117 at best….slow in the interwebz universe.

and he's owned some cool cars. 68 XR7, 68 GTO, BB Camaro, 454 chevelle. he's say my 5.0 is the fastest thing he's ever been in.

so an 11sec ANYTHING is fast.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I think anything you can daily drive and pull 11-anything second 1/4 mile times in on street tires is fast. Now just how "fast" that is or feels totally depends on what you're use to. But if just comparing to your average "quick" factory stock car on the road, low 11's is still faster than 99% of them. As already mentioned above, we all get jaded coming on these performance websites where "everybody" has 12, 11, 10 and 9 second rides but the fact of the matter is, even the majority of Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Corvette, etc owners leave their junk stock and most of the time if it runs 12's is still pretty quick compared to most cars. Just my two cents though. And it doesn't change the fact that I still want a 10 sec DD and a 9 second weekend toy. :) For now my 5000 lb 12 sec Jeep will do just fine, especially since 99% of the population has no idea it is as "quick" as it is.

01GTB

Established Member
I would say in my area it would be pretty rare to encounter a high-11 second car. Then again, who the hell knows what lurks in people's garages. The days of hanging out with other car guys and knowing where all the fast stuff was are over. Been over for 20 years.

StangingAround

Established Member
LOL, to the average person 13's is considered fast. However, on this site (some members) if you aren't running anything under 12 you might as well be driving a prius.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Here in south TX....prolly not

Edit: here my car slow

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I would say in my area it would be pretty rare to encounter a high-11 second car. Then again, who the hell knows what lurks in people's garages. The days of hanging out with other car guys and knowing where all the fast stuff was are over. Been over for 20 years.

I miss those times. When I was in high school, you know what people and their dads had. Maybe when my garage and porch project are finished I can get that trend started back up around me.

Cars & Coffee is a great thing but, you have so many kids with daddy's car or money who have no clue or guy's with money who have no clue. I hate hearing "I don't know" or complete bullshit when I ask a person about their car.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes an 11 second car is still fast. You could daily drive one to work every day and possibly not come across another car that could beat you.

Users who are viewing this thread