is a 93 w/ 9k miles worth $25k?

Speedfreek

Established Member
Now see whos name calling. It is obvious to everyone who the noobie is that spouts off at the mouth and can't back it up. Youre like a 4 year old say one thing one minute then comeback and change the story to fit what you need it to say. But never proving what you so proudly proclaimed in earlier post. Bet you were the type to take you ball and go home when things didn't go like you wanted when you were little.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
P.S. Stock market closed under 8,000 today. Wait and see what 93 Cobras and other similarly positioned collector cars sell for with another 1000 point drop.

Heres to stirring things up :beer:
So, are you saying they will be cheaper, or are? Because before this reply you said they "are". Now you're saying they will once the market drops. Which is it?

Nobody is questioning whether or not they will come down in price with the faltering economy. You said they "are" selling right now for cheap. All we're asking is for you to back up that claim. Which you haven't/can't. What's going to happen is NOT what we're talking about.

Are you really too stubborn to accept you're wrong?

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Bet you were the type to take you ball and go home when things didn't go like you wanted when you were little.
Nah, more like he stepped off his Huffy, took the ball and pointed out how crappy and overpriced it was and that he could get a better one for cheaper. Then got back on his Huffy and continued to bother everyone.

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
Now see whos name calling. It is obvious to everyone who the noobie is that spouts off at the mouth and can't back it up. Youre like a 4 year old say one thing one minute then comeback and change the story to fit what you need it to say. But never proving what you so proudly proclaimed in earlier post. Bet you were the type to take you ball and go home when things didn't go like you wanted when you were little.

Take my ball and go home...NEVER. I'll continue posting thank you.

TFStang

Established Member
So, are you saying they will be cheaper, or are? Because before this reply you said they "are". Now you're saying they will once the market drops. Which is it?

Nobody is questioning whether or not they will come down in price with the faltering economy. You said they "are" selling right now for cheap. All we're asking is for you to back up that claim. Which you haven't/can't. What's going to happen is NOT what we're talking about.

Are you really too stubborn to accept you're wrong?

I'm saying that I have found reasonably priced Cobras, so that would be your ARE and I'm saying they will get cheaper than what you see currently (just my prediction) and that is your WILL...you follow or is that too complicated for you?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'm saying that I have found reasonably priced Cobras, so that would be your ARE and I'm saying they will get cheaper than what you see currently (just my prediction) and that is your WILL...you follow or is that too complicated for you?
The problem I'm having is, I'm not seeing the "ARE" you keep talking about... And "reasonably priced Cobras" are not what we're talking about. You mentioned pretty specifically the price range these cobras are "selling" for. Yet you're the only one who seems to have any knowledge of these. Are you something special that only you can find them? NOPE! Do you see the group of people here in this thread you're interacting with? They're enthusiasts, owners, sellers, and buyers of these cars. Don't you think they know EXACTLY what the market is? Did you see the list of 93 cobras that just one guy sold recently? Did you see any of them anywhere near $6k? NOPE! Those are cars that have SOLD, not asking prices, or inflated numbers, that's actual examples of SOLD cars at prices double what you're saying they are "selling" for. And we all know the stock market is falling, we all know it will effect the value of everything, but right now, today, Cobras and Cobra R's are NOT selling for what you have suggested.

You have yet to provide an example of even one single car anywhere near the prices you have stated. Why on earth would anyone even begin to take you seriously? The sad part about this whole E-net thing is people like you get on here and blab about whatever you want without having to back it up or prove anything. I know it's easy. Unfortunately for you, we're a bit smarter than that, and can see right through you. So talk all the numbers you want, we all know what's reality, and we know what's BS.

As for the topic, IMO, no a 9,000 mile 93 cobra isn't worth $25k. In the future, who knows, possibly... Well, almost definitely, but when? Right now, no. Regardless of how nice a car is, in regards to the 93 cobras, people look at miles first when considering value. If you're looking to buy, and are looking at two cars in the exact same condition for the same price, but one has 2k miles and the other has 9k miles. Everytime, the lower mile car would be chosen making it more valuable. So IMO, no matter how nice it is, a higher mile car will never be worth the same as an equally as nice low mile car.

TFStang

Established Member
The problem I'm having is, I'm not seeing the "ARE" you keep talking about... And "reasonably priced Cobras" are not what we're talking about. You mentioned pretty specifically the price range these cobras are "selling" for. Yet you're the only one who seems to have any knowledge of these. Are you something special that only you can find them? NOPE! Do you see the group of people here in this thread you're interacting with? They're enthusiasts, owners, sellers, and buyers of these cars. Don't you think they know EXACTLY what the market is? Did you see the list of 93 cobras that just one guy sold recently? Did you see any of them anywhere near $6k? NOPE! Those are cars that have SOLD, not asking prices, or inflated numbers, that's actual examples of SOLD cars at prices double what you're saying they are "selling" for. And we all know the stock market is falling, we all know it will effect the value of everything, but right now, today, Cobras and Cobra R's are NOT selling for what you have suggested.

You have yet to provide an example of even one single car anywhere near the prices you have stated. Why on earth would anyone even begin to take you seriously? The sad part about this whole E-net thing is people like you get on here and blab about whatever you want without having to back it up or prove anything. I know it's easy. Unfortunately for you, we're a bit smarter than that, and can see right through you. So talk all the numbers you want, we all know what's reality, and we know what's BS.

As for the topic, IMO, no a 9,000 mile 93 cobra isn't worth $25k. In the future, who knows, possibly... Well, almost definitely, but when? Right now, no. Regardless of how nice a car is, in regards to the 93 cobras, people look at miles first when considering value. If you're looking to buy, and are looking at two cars in the exact same condition for the same price, but one has 2k miles and the other has 9k miles. Everytime, the lower mile car would be chosen making it more valuable. So IMO, no matter how nice it is, a higher mile car will never be worth the same as an equally as nice low mile car.

Nice rant. Unlike you, I don't believe everything I read even when its information that I like to hear. You made a comment as to a previous post where a member stated that he sold a bunch of Cobras where from what I read were premiums considering what I have seen. You choose to beleive what you want, I can't tell you what to beleive, but it takes a real simple mind to accept information that you can readily assimilate because of your own desire to have the Cobra be the #1 collector car as opposed to questioning things that follow suit.

The only thing you have questioned here is my comments and thats fine because you are entitled. You are obviously not good at finding deals and apparently I am great at it.

As for what $25K will get you...there was a 900 mile 93 Cobra on Ebay just last week with a BIN of $25K. Liek I said beleive what youy want, or beleive what others tell you as long as it fits conveniently into your line of thinking, I can't tell you what to do, but I will not state anything other than what I have seen, which is Cobras selling for a lot less than those advertised here.

red95gts

Established Member
You made a comment as to a previous post where a member stated that he sold a bunch of Cobras where from what I read were premiums considering what I have seen. You choose to beleive what you want, I can't tell you what to beleive, but it takes a real simple mind to accept information that you can readily assimilate because of your own desire to have the Cobra be the #1 collector car as opposed to questioning things that follow suit.

So, let me get this straight -

- We have someone who has posted up SEVEN Cobras they personally have sold recently and the prices they sold for.

- We also have your "ghost" Cobras that no one else has ever seen and you are unable to produce a shred of evidence to support.

Yet, you say the seven sold Cobras are they ones with the unrealistic prices. Riiiight. :dw:

We all see the stock market and we all know that values of collectible vehicle, boats, and every other luxury is on a downward trend. Maybe they'll eventually get to the values that you mention, but they simply aren't right now. There will always be the one-off deal, such as the forum member who paid ~$5K for a sub 30K mile car that was in good shape. While that's a deal we'd all love to find, it's an anomoly and does not play into actual market pricing. Simple statistics 101 stuff here.

You can argue it until you are blue in the face, but without FACTS and real-world data, it's simply the ramblings of an idiot.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
As for what $25K will get you...there was a 900 mile 93 Cobra on Ebay just last week with a BIN of $25K. Liek I said beleive what youy want, or beleive what others tell you as long as it fits conveniently into your line of thinking, I can't tell you what to do, but I will not state anything other than what I have seen, which is Cobras selling for a lot less than those advertised here.
You're little brain just doesn't get it. Nobody is questioning what you said in the above quote. Nobody cares about advertised prices either. That doesn't set the market.

You specifically mentioned that Cobra R's ARE selling for mid to high 30's. The fact is, they're not. You also said you can get 93 cobras in any color with less than 20k miles for $15k. The fact is, you can't.

You've solidified yourself as the guy who just has "simply the ramblings of an idiot".

TFStang

Established Member
You're little brain just doesn't get it. Nobody is questioning what you said in the above quote. Nobody cares about advertised prices either. That doesn't set the market.

You specifically mentioned that Cobra R's ARE selling for mid to high 30's. The fact is, they're not. You also said you can get 93 cobras in any color with less than 20k miles for $15k. The fact is, you can't.

You've solidified yourself as the guy who just has "simply the ramblings of an idiot".

This is the last time I'm going to say this for those of you who have cognitive issues. I, that means me, that means not someone other than me, that means the person writing this have found sub 20K mile 93 Cobras for under $15K and 00 Cobra R's for under $40K, which is high $30's like I stated.

I don't care if you question it and I don't care if you pay $40K for a rusted out 93 Cobra with 150K miles. I guess I am just really good at getting deals. Maybe I should open a used car lot with overpriced 93 Cobras. Seems like there is a market for them.:lol1:

red95gts

Established Member
This is the last time I'm going to say this for those of you who have cognitive issues. I, that means me, that means not someone other than me, that means the person writing this have found sub 20K mile 93 Cobras for under $15K and 00 Cobra R's for under $40K, which is high $30's like I stated.

Let's sum up this entire argument:

You're full of shit. No one believes you. Now, prove us wrong.

Have a great day.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member

And you're a liar. Probably not the last time I'll say that. I know what you've stated, and it's pure BS, you won't even back it up with an example since you claim to know of more than one.

Feel free to open up a used car dealership, you're just like all the other used car salesmen out there, LIARS.

TFStang

Established Member
Let's sum up this entire argument:

You're full of shit. No one believes you. Now, prove us wrong.

Have a great day.

Already stated MANY TIMES that I am not out to prove anything and I don't care who believes what, although I do really enjoy reading these posts. :-D

TFStang

Established Member
And you're a liar. Probably not the last time I'll say that. I know what you've stated, and it's pure BS, you won't even back it up with an example since you claim to know of more than one.

Feel free to open up a used car dealership, you're just like all the other used car salesmen out there, LIARS.

What's with the personal attack on used car dealers? Get screwed before have you? Not surprising considering your deal making skills or the lack thereof.

Then again, who am I to argue with the foremost authority on 93 Cobras? Actually, you should write a book and share your vast knowledge with the lesser humans on this forum. O all knowing and powerful 93 Cobra guru, would you please do us that favor? :rolleyes:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
What's with the personal attack on used car dealers? Get screwed before have you? Not surprising considering your deal making skills or the lack thereof.

Then again, who am I to argue with the foremost authority on 93 Cobras? Actually, you should write a book and share your vast knowledge with the lesser humans on this forum. O all knowing and powerful 93 Cobra guru, would you please do us that favor? :rolleyes:
I don't buy from used car dealers. Never have, never will. And if you think used car salemen are honest, you're as ignorant about that as you are about what cobras and R's are selling for.

You're questioning my deal making skills huh? Do you know anything about what I paid for any of my cars? Or any of the cars I've sold? I'd fill you in, but the only thing you believe is the babble that comes out of your own mouth.

Oh what the hell, I sold a red/black 93 cobra with 137,000 miles on it for $10,500. It's in my sig, the only one that wasn't turbocharged. The teal one I sold for $12,500 and it had 213,000 miles on it. The other turbo red/black one I sold for $15,000 with 110,000. Everyone of those I sold for more than I purchased them for. I also made $7,000 profit on my Boss Cougar after just 3 months of owning it. See, what you don't understand is, I'm out there actually buying and selling these things in the real world. I'm not behind a computer making up numbers like you.

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Established Member
In the past 6 months I have sold 3
93 black on black could use a paint job but presentable, 89k miles 10k
93 Red on gray leather, 63k miles, very nice car, $16500 at a dealer only auction
93 black on black, 72k miles nice car $12500

Have 2 others currently for sale
93 Teal gray cloth 38k miles have a deal working on it for $17k
93 Black on black 62k miles have a deal working on it for $13500

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
I don't buy from used car dealers. Never have, never will. And if you think used car salemen are honest, you're as ignorant about that as you are about what cobras and R's are selling for.

You're questioning my deal making skills huh? Do you know anything about what I paid for any of my cars? Or any of the cars I've sold? I'd fill you in, but the only thing you believe is the babble that comes out of your own mouth.

Oh what the hell, I sold a red/black 93 cobra with 137,000 miles on it for $10,500. It's in my sig, the only one that wasn't turbocharged. The teal one I sold for $12,500 and it had 213,000 miles on it. The other turbo red/black one I sold for $15,000 with 110,000. Everyone of those I sold for more than I purchased them for. I also made $7,000 profit on my Boss Cougar after just 3 months of owning it. See, what you don't understand is, I'm out there actually buying and selling these things in the real world. I'm not behind a computer making up numbers like you.

Not sure what your issue is with used car dealers, but OK. Why are you giving me numbers on your cars? You don't need to prove anything to me. But if what you say is true about the numbers you got on your cars, you did VERY well on those sales and the buyers have rocks for brains. No f-in way would anyone in their right mind pay those amounts for those cars.

Did you sell one of those to Speedfreek by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread