Is 500 rwhp possible

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has matched or gone beyond the 500 rwhp mark SAE corrected numbers on a NON-ported eaton and if so what was the engine set up and at what altitude/temp/humidity was it dyno'ed at?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
This is all over in the Terminator section! Just go in there and look.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Okay, I'm Not that stupid. I know that with a PORTED eaton or JUICE or CAMS/Stroking the motor, 500 SAE rwhp is deffinately possible, but I'm looking at a BOLT ON ONLY prespective....no NO2 no PORTING no Stroker motor no aftermarket cams. The best i have found in the search area is 489 SAE rwhp with boltons only. Sorry for the confusion, I see I needed to be a little more spacific in my question.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, I've never seen it happen without port or Nitrous. It could probably be done if you went into the motor a bit. But, it would certainly be a heck of a lot easier to just port the blower of add a nitrous kit!

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
That is what I thought, but I just wanted to see if anyone did it. Maybe this will be my next challenge. 500 SAE rwhp.......boltons only, no port, juice or going into the motor. Some have come close but no one that I know of has gotten there. Sometimes the challenge of trying to attain it brings new ideas to the table. :read: :shrug:

thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hmm, good luck on that dude. maybe it would be possible with like a 2.76 upper and a 10# lower but u would be takin the eaton past the safe limit, if i were u i would go with as safe as possible of a route. hmm, i have a 2.93 and a 4#, and i hit 450hp sae, maybe it could be done with more bolt ons, like the upper, lower, intake, exhaust, throttle body and plenum. seems like it would still be close but no cigar, are u opposed to race gas? u might be able to do it with the above, and race gas. but remember to tune the thing, ur goal isnt insane but do it safely. perhaps some cooling mods like an aftermarket hea exchanger and resovoir, or pack some ice. another thought might be that ethanol injection or whatever it is.

Almo

Established Member
Might be doable with a live axle... that is probably the only way it will happen on the SAE side.

Cheers,
Allen

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
rrpederson said:
hmm, good luck on that dude. maybe it would be possible with like a 2.76 upper and a 10# lower but u would be takin the eaton past the safe limit, if i were u i would go with as safe as possible of a route. hmm, i have a 2.93 and a 4#, and i hit 450hp sae, maybe it could be done with more bolt ons, like the upper, lower, intake, exhaust, throttle body and plenum. seems like it would still be close but no cigar, are u opposed to race gas? u might be able to do it with the above, and race gas. but remember to tune the thing, ur goal isnt insane but do it safely. perhaps some cooling mods like an aftermarket hea exchanger and resovoir, or pack some ice. another thought might be that ethanol injection or whatever it is.
I don't think it would help to throw more boost at the Eaton, especially an unported one. Peak RWHP comes at high rpms which is also the place where the excessive heat from a high boost Eaton starts to take away horsepower.

But you may have a point about manipulating timing with the use of race gas. How about 15 lbs of boost, long tubes, no cats, Accufab TB, 27 degrees of advanced timing, C16 race gas, and 12:1 air/fuel? May get close......but it may blow up the motor ;-)

I hit 471 SAE with a 2.90/4 lb unported combo, but Almo just hit 440 w/ stock boost, LT's, no cats, solid rear.......He may have a chance with boost.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
There was a shop around here that had a silver 03 back in early 03 late 02 that made like 503 with unported eaton, he had full exhaust, upper and lower pulley, and all the other bolt-ons tuned on kill.

anything smaller then a 2.93 or larger crank puts the eaton(according to EATON) over its safe limit that they rocomenend spinning the blower.

Why take the hard route to accomplish the 500 horse mark?

i made 506 HP / and 538 ft -tq .....and i have cold air, cNL elbow, accufab throttle body, new inlet,2,7 upper, motoblue idler,bassani x pipe no cats, bassani exhaust, and as far as my blower im pretty sure its not ported....i baught the car used so...i dont really know.....but from what i was told an older vett owner had my car before me.....so the ford dealership said nothing was done to the car....but i dont know ....until that thing gets pulled of for a KB

mikey lightning said:
i made 506 HP / and 538 ft -tq .....and i have cold air, cNL elbow, accufab throttle body, new inlet,2,7 upper, motoblue idler,bassani x pipe no cats, bassani exhaust, and as far as my blower im pretty sure its not ported....i baught the car used so...i dont really know.....but from what i was told an older vett owner had my car before me.....so the ford dealership said nothing was done to the car....but i dont know ....until that thing gets pulled of for a KB

mikeylightningdynosheet04-1.jpg

ClubVenom1 said:
I was wondering if anyone has matched or gone beyond the 500 rwhp mark SAE corrected numbers on a NON-ported eaton and if so what was the engine set up and at what altitude/temp/humidity was it dyno'ed at?

i have gone over the 500hp mark with bolt on's.... i have cold air intake, c and l albow, accufab big oval TB, polished inlet, 2.7 upper pully,diablo programmer,tr6 plugs, bassani x pipe no cats, bassani exhaust

altitude not sure but it was dynoed 1 mile away from actoraceway in NJ check their alt, temp was 57 degrees, humidity 13%

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
mikey lightning said:
i have gone over the 500hp mark with bolt on's.... i have cold air intake, c and l albow, accufab big oval TB, polished inlet, 2.7 upper pully,diablo programmer,tr6 plugs, bassani x pipe no cats, bassani exhaust

altitude not sure but it was dynoed 1 mile away from actoraceway in NJ check their alt, temp was 57 degrees, humidity 13%

Your dyno says std not sae

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
HEY, NO CHEATIN'. With a GT 500 you just put yourself at the "increased cubic inch mark". Put a 4.6 in there and now try it.

I'm not trying to take the hard route to get 500 rwhp, I just wanted to see if it was possible or if anyone has accomplished it.

Thanks for all the info guys. I will let you know what I can come up with.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to dial in the cams on the 4.6's. I wonder if there is any gain in doing this too.

Last edited:

SlickDos1

OneBad 5.0
Established Member
who cares if u can with a tune and intake you wasted 70,000 on a mustang when you coulda bought an 06 z06....wow good job

Users who are viewing this thread