IRS swapped SN95's

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I did my IRS swap last year and am having an issue with the drivers side tire hitting the fender lip. I am running the FTBR IRS package, red H&R race springs (came with the IRS) and 18x10 FR500 wheels with 315/30/18 tires. I rolled the fenders and am still having the rubbing.

What are you guys running for springs and wheels/tires and are you having any rubbing issues?

redrocket16

Established Member
I had essentially the same setup and I was rubbing as well. 03 IRS with FTBR bushings, H&R race springs without isos and 18x10 saleens with 305 35 18 Nitto 555'rs. I rubbed everytime I hit a bump and it drove me nuts plus the rear sat lower than the front did too. I ended up putting lower iso's back in the car and it has made a world of difference for me. I no longer cut the tires when I hit a bump and the ride quality seems to be what I was expecting with the IRS now. Before it clunked a lot more than I expected, much more than the SRA did without iso's.

I am looking to get a new wheel and possibly tire setup soon and I will be going with 18x11 wheels, is this going to be too much wheel for our cars?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I am looking to get a new wheel and possibly tire setup soon and I will be going with 18x11 wheels, is this going to be too much wheel for our cars?

As long you get the right offset.
Mystic-SVT (i think) runs 17x11 American Racing LeMans wheels on his car with an IRS.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I think it is the lip that is marking the tire however I don't have any ISO's so I am going to order new ISO's tomorrow and get those in. If they don't fix the problem then I have a set of 295-35-18's to try and if that fails then new springs will be next on the list.

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
What is your camber setting? Spring rate? Wheel offset/back spacing? I have an IFS/IRS system it is not a ford set up but stock track width. I am running a 18 x 10.5 wheel with a 25mm offset. No rubbing what so ever. The rear camber is set @ -1' and the spring rate is 550lbs/in. The M/R ( motion ratio ) in my set up is a bit higher than Ford's is, so rate may need to change just a bit. Shouldn't be much though...

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Not sure on the alignment but with close to 2000 miles on the swap the tires are wearing evenly. Bought the wheels off of the same 99 Cobra that the IRS came out of. 18x10 FR500's from American Muscle. The springs are H&R red race springs. I was wondering if they are too soft for street driving.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Not sure on the alignment but with close to 2000 miles on the swap the tires are wearing evenly. Bought the wheels off of the same 99 Cobra that the IRS came out of. 18x10 FR500's from American Muscle. The springs are H&R red race springs. I was wondering if they are too soft for street driving.

Are the springs out of a coupe or convertible? What shocks?

Users who are viewing this thread