IRS Sub-Frame Aluminum Bushings?

Steve23

Established Member
I was just curious if they sell aluminum IRS Sub-Frame bushings? I have a 99 IRS I bought to build on the side, have powder coated, ect. I bought some parts of the FTBR kit, but was thinking I'd rather have some sort of solid sub-frame bushing instead of delrin. I know there is aluminum bushings for the front of the dif, couldn't find any for the back. Nor could I find anything on Google about IRS sub-frame bushings. I'm figuring no 1 makes them? Any1 able to help me out? Street/drag use. Don't care about NVH either

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I don't think I've ever seen aluminum cradle bushings. Maybe you can have a set made. The delrin stuff is pretty stiff though.

Steve23

Established Member
I don't think I've ever seen aluminum cradle bushings. Maybe you can have a set made. The delrin stuff is pretty stiff though.
I know they are very solid. But I figured due to the characteristics of the IRS and the reasons behind what causes wheel hop to begin with, solid metal bushings in the sub frame would actually be ideal, imo. I guess I'll have to look into maybe having them made. Not even sure where I'd start though for that

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Kenny Brown used to do something called a hard tail conversion to the rear mounts of the cradle. It involved cutting off the sleeve and welding on a tab type mount. It might be worth looking up.

Users who are viewing this thread