IRS rebuilding questions. LPW Diff cover or BF IRS brace?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Just read through this entire saga...I've checked the FTBR site for some full length subframe connectors, and recall that you mentioned them a few years/pages ago. Do you have anything out yet?

I've got a full MM kit in my IRS that's been there for over four years, and this thread (videos specifically) saved me from re-ordering the lower quality UCA bushings and re-subjecting myself to that irritation.

I'll be purchasing the FT1000, FT1401, and FT1200 this afternoon, as well as an FT2000. Any specials on any of these this year?

We did look into SFC's and decided not to make them at this time. We also were considering selling (as a dealer) a popular SFC currently on the market but decided against it as well at this time. We've been extremely busy with our IRS products and have actually had some minor difficulties keeping up with the overwhelming demand. Our products have gotten very popular in the last couple of years.

We unfortunately are not running any specials at this time but as always if you're interested in saving 5% by sending a check, you can download the order form at the bottom of the order page:

FTBR Order Page

fill the form out on your computer and it will automatically calculate prices, discount and freight for you, print it out and mail it in with your payment.

Hope that helps.

Bruce, Steve, James and Pam

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Freakingstang

Established Member
I like how a question about a diff cover or brace turned into a pissing match...and a thread for a sales pitch....

Well I've had my Maximun kit in my car for well over two years now and about 15K miles. Numberous track outings and nothing has been much of a surprise. LPW cover still fits with the MM solid Rear IRS bushing (like everyone said wouldn't fit).

I've installed two FTB kits in customer cars since installing mine. I will say that two cars with the same comparable mods and same tires, one wheel hops and one doesn't... How could that be? could be could it be that the FTB kit used the stock flimsy stamped bracket to located the rear of the diff? thats what I'm thinking the problem is.

I'm happy with my kit.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
LPW cover still fits with the MM solid Rear IRS bushing (like everyone said wouldn't fit).

i have to call bs on this :bs:

are you referring to the solid blue aluminum maximum motorsports rear differential bushing?

there is no way that will work on the lpw cover without modification. do you any pics? you would have to mill it considerably

legwound

I'll second the previous thread on FTBR products and support from Bruce.

The products are top notch. I'm especially digging the new Ford Diff cover with FTBR modified rear diff mount.

As to support, I've gotten nothing but very prompt replies to what have been some pretty dumb (and some not so dumb) questions within hours or at most a day. Additionally the FTBR videos are super helpful. I was kicking myself for not watching them prior to starting work, as in addition to good written instructions with the parts there's a lot of subtle stuff you'll pick up in the videos that aren't specifically spelled out in the written instructions.

Along with the prompt advice is a distinct lack of "upsell" to simply move product, just prompt responses with good advice.

I will also say that I have quite a few MM components on my car as well and they also make fine products that I am not hestitant to use. I have installed both a MM IRS kit and a FTBR and for IRS stuff I prefer the FTBR. I'll make full disclosure here that I don't have the road time to make a direct comparison between the performance of either kit, yet. I currently prefer FTBR based on part quality, fit, design and support.

As far as other MM products I also have high praise for them from K members and front suspension components to cables, fasteners and miriad of other stuff we need.

I'll liken it to having two children. They're different but love em both and recognize they each have strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread