IRS rebuilding questions. LPW Diff cover or BF IRS brace?

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I can vouch for Bruce...hell if it wasnt for you Bruce, me and my buddy Mike would have never completed the lpw cover install this weekend! I'll probably be in the market very very soon man. Thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I had lower control arm bushings from Griggs and polysubframe bushings from MM, which weren't that much better then stock, back in '03. SHM offered aluminum ones shortly thereafter. Bottom line is there were option back then...i still have the receipts for them. I can even remember talking to griggs back in "01-'02 before I bought their whole gr40 system and they didn't seem too interested in developing the IRS and their lower control arm delrin bushings showed it. I knew all 'bout the options then.

The insanely low prices are from the fact that you got materials and machine time at a discount...that is it. There is nothing wrong with that but it's nice to have friends giving you deals left and right. Like those that allow you and no others to circumvent the rules and use their forums as a market place while your hobby/business gets off the ground.

I don't need any help with the IRS.

I guess according to you Jack has an extremely overactive imagination.

How long with this stay up??? I'll be checking...

Why are you so interested in how his business is run and making assumptions left and right? Get off your high horse and take a hike. :bash:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It will be interesting to see how long this post is here before it gets deleted. The last two times, it was deleted within 24 hours.

Jack:

You'll be happy to know your post is having it's six month birthday tomorrow! :-D

Jack:

I just finished viewing ALL 54 of your posts on SVTP back to May 20th, 2005. Not a single post in these 54 have been deleted or moved to the closed section. Can you explain to me why you made such a comment? :shrug:

SID also confirmed my findings.

Bruce

Still waiting on an answer regarding this as well! :dw:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Interesting read. My newly purchased Cobra has at least a partial MM kit installed and I will be considering some FTBR upgrades to the Poly parts for sure. I do not like that stuff either.

On the original topic of this thread, I have the BF brace and can't see how you could ever change the diff fluid, there is simply no room to pull the plug out. Would that be because of the Bassani catback?

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Interesting read. My newly purchased Cobra has at least a partial MM kit installed and I will be considering some FTBR upgrades to the Poly parts for sure. I do not like that stuff either.

On the original topic of this thread, I have the BF brace and can't see how you could ever change the diff fluid, there is simply no room to pull the plug out. Would that be because of the Bassani catback?

First of all there is no drain plug on the stock cover (you need to unbolt the cover to empty the oil), and if you have a BF brace, then I have to assume that the cover is the stock one, as the brace will not fit with the LPW (which does have a drain). The Bassani exhaust might be in the way of the LPW drain, but if it is, then you just need to loosen the catback, and rotate them out of the way a bit.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
I had heard about this convo between Bruce and jack and was looking for it, just happened to stumble on it tonight. :D

Great read. :)

The first time I read about Bruces kits I saw the quality and what everyone felt about them. Also, unlike many huge parts places Bruce actually talks to you like one of the guys. :D

Not many like that around anymore, Kenny Brown is on the list of good guys to chat with too.

When you know someone and you know they can help you the FIRST time you call them or PM them or meet them then you know you have a good friend too, its not just about business.

-Eric-

modularmustang

Established Member
just mailed in my order form a few days ago. I'm pretty excited to receive my FTBR kit, I'll report on it in a few weeks when I do the install.

From what I've read the FTBR kit is a great kit :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
is the lpw diff cover completely compatible with the ftbr kit?

The short answer is yes. There have been some minor issues with the LPW letters that are cast in the cover. Some have had interference issues with them and they needed to grind some or most of the letters off.

is it worth it to get the lowering mount, or just run the standard kit?

With our kit you can improve the driveline angle compared to how your car came from the factory, it just can't be completely optimized unless you opt for our lowering rear mount.

If you don't have a driveline vibe now, you won't have one after installing the kit.

FWIW

Bruce

greengt88

Established Member
i like using complete systems/kits, so i bought everything bruce sells...he has been extremely helpfulwith all of my ( sometimes stupid) questions. can't thank him enough!!
Bruce if u read this your knuckle/hub cores will be on the way soon!! i know its been awhile, i'll also be sending the old design parts back with them from the bushing kit.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It will be interesting to see how long this post is here before it gets deleted. The last two times, it was deleted within 24 hours.

cv_84_48371.jpg

Well Jack, you'll be happy to know your post is having a birthday today!

None of your posts have ever been deleted on SVTP and this proves your false accusations of such activity.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a bit late to the party, but I read through this entire thread before adding your suspension kit recommendation to my Terminator FAQs page. HERE. But I'll just say "Happy Anniversary" anyway. Bruce, you run a top notch company selling IMO the best suspension products available. The competition is left......speechless. :thumbsup:

03SSnake

Slithering since 2004!
Established Member
Just read through this entire saga...I've checked the FTBR site for some full length subframe connectors, and recall that you mentioned them a few years/pages ago. Do you have anything out yet?

I've got a full MM kit in my IRS that's been there for over four years, and this thread (videos specifically) saved me from re-ordering the lower quality UCA bushings and re-subjecting myself to that irritation.

I'll be purchasing the FT1000, FT1401, and FT1200 this afternoon, as well as an FT2000. Any specials on any of these this year?

Users who are viewing this thread