IRS rebuilding questions. LPW Diff cover or BF IRS brace?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
What kind of modification? I've got the MM aluminum diff bushings (front and rear) with an LPW and I didn't have to modify anything.....

huh? you have the blue solid aluminum maximum motorsports rear differential mount, and you bolted that to the lpw cover??

no way are they compatible without modification... but if you did it somehow, congrats and by all means if you did it post up some pics please :??:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It will be interesting to see how long this post is here before it gets deleted. The last two times, it was deleted within 24 hours.

Jack:

I just finished viewing ALL 54 of your posts on SVTP back to May 20th, 2005. Not a single post in these 54 have been deleted or moved to the closed section. Can you explain to me why you made such a comment? :shrug:

SID also confirmed my findings.

Bruce

black 10th vert

Established Member
Bruce that is cool to hear about your new rear mount design! May have to pick that up this winter too.

Blackedout

Established Member
Thanks for the INFO... I'll be doing this over the winter... :thumbsup:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Jack

I have much respect for the design and quality of MM products which I consider to be among the best chassis components available for the Mustang but I get a bit uncomfortable when a vendor starts comparing his product with an equally good supplier like FTBR which understandably forced Bruce to respond.

I did take acception to your comments about the MM bump steer kit. Regardless of the quality and design it's still connected to a flimsy toe link rod which located the spindle camber setting which is prone to flex during hard braking (compression). I through the factory toe link in the trash and replaced it with an overpriced PHP unit which I would chosen the FTBR toe link bars had it been available at the time of purchase.

I have MM complete delrin A-arm kit and sub-frame mounts and am happy with the exception in 2 areas. The anodized aluminum crush sleeves leaves a relatively rough bearing surface that will be a little more abrasive on the delrin (FTBR uses a steel crush sleeve with a very smooth almost polished machined surface). The other was the upper delrin control bushings were a undersize and had a slip fit in the A-arm which rotated with the crush sleeve making the outside of the bushing and the narrow A-arm hole the bearing surface which would have worn out quite quickly. I had to epoxy the bushing in the A-arm to make it rotate on the crush sleeve.

Unless there are major design flaws with a competitors products that we as customers should know about it is best to refrain from commenting on because that can backfire sometimes. You are both excellent vendors and butting heads with each other serves no one.

:beer:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yes directly from them,I also got it next day! still not sure weather to get a lubelocker or use gray RTV ??????

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
If you're interested I have a brand new brace for sale..Never installed, hardware included.

$120? PM me if interested

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Anyone know of a write up on installing the lpw cover on an irs cobra? Maybe I should make my own thread huh? ah *** it...thanks fellas

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Interested to see how that diff mount turns out!! Bruce is one of the most stand up guys I have met!! His products are 100% top quality, and he races what he uses, and anything he feels will improve them, he upgrades to make the kit better. Ongoing r&d!!

forestgreen95gt

Established Member
I think the interesting thing about FTBR is how this guy got started. Not only did he have prices on these kits that lead me to believe that he was either getting a discount on materials, machining, or both...but he was able to use these forums as a marketplace. Not sure if people remember you could only get the FTBR kit here only at first. Anyone else try to use these forums as a marketplace and see what happens. Even the larger name companies pay to play on these forum. That "Authorized Dealer" title below their names costs them money and even then it's only used to lure folks into their sites. But for some reason FTBR is got around this??? hmmmm...

And as far as the insanely low prices go admitting that he's been in the manufacturing game since '73 shows that he has used his contacts and/or workplace to make this happen somehow.

I'm all for competition and i'm sure this kit works just fine but i think maybe jack was onto something with the post delete thingy. I've just brought it out to light.

I wonder how long this post will stay up on here.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Seeing it seems you're a little uninformed about myself and the kit, I'll give you a little insight regarding the facts!

I think the interesting thing about FTBR is how this guy got started. Not only did he have prices on these kits that lead me to believe that he was either getting a discount on materials, machining, or both...but he was able to use these forums as a marketplace.

Back in 2003 when I decided I had enough of those crappy rubber OEM bushings in my IRS, I shopped the internet for a solution. What I found was a guy by the name of Nick making a Delrin bushing kit for the IRS. MM had no kit, Griggs had no kit, Steeda, Kenny Brown and everyone else I checked had no kits either. The complete story can be found here:

Mystery of IRS

Not sure if people remember you could only get the FTBR kit here only at first. Anyone else try to use these forums as a marketplace and see what happens. Even the larger name companies pay to play on these forum. That "Authorized Dealer" title below their names costs them money and even then it's only used to lure folks into their sites. But for some reason FTBR is got around this??? hmmmm...

It also seems that you are uniformed about me getting permission from the SVTP Staff to offer the kit to some of my fellow 2000 Cobra R enthusiasts in the Cobra R forum of SVTP. These members were racing and open tracking their Cobra R's. This is after the then Cobra R moderator personally drove my car with the kit and was just as impressed as I was with the vast improvement in handling the new IRS demonstrated.

Initially I only sold the kits to people I personally knew. I had no inventory. I sold kits as they were manufactured. So many people were impressed with the kit, word spread very fast and demand grew even faster.

And as far as the insanely low prices go admitting that he's been in the manufacturing game since '73 shows that he has used his contacts and/or workplace to make this happen somehow.

The insanely low prices were in the early stages of the kit. This was before the addition of industrial Hardcoat on the wear surfaces. Something MM doesn't offer. And before the grease fitting kit. Another thing not available from MM. Want subframe bushings that are not made out of crappy poly? You have to get them from FTBR as well! We offer ALL of these design and engineering improvements at a substantial cost savings to boot!!!

Using my industry contacts from my day gig, in a way to design and develop a better engineered IRS bushing kit at a cost savings to Cobra owners is bad in WHAT WAY?!?!?!?!:dw:

I'm all for competition and i'm sure this kit works just fine but i think maybe jack was onto something with the post delete thingy. I've just brought it out to light.

It's also quite apparent you've somehow missed my post in this thread, post #43:

Jack:

I just finished viewing ALL 54 of your posts on SVTP back to May 20th, 2005. Not a single post in these 54 have been deleted or moved to the closed section. Can you explain to me why you made such a comment? :shrug:

SID also confirmed my findings.

Bruce

Asking Jack to clarify his "disturbing accusation" about getting his posts deleted on SVTP! :dw:

I personally went through each and every one of Jack's 54 posts and guess what I found? Not a single one of his posts were deleted by SVTP Staff. Sid (SVTP Owner) also confirmed my findings. Not only has Jack not answered my questions, he's also not posted since.

i wonder how long this post will stay up on here.

I can assure you that your post, just like Jack's post, will be here for the duration. Although I somehow don't think your post will be as good of a sales tool for FTBR as Jack's post has been!

I'd be glad to clear up any other mis-conceptions you may have regarding me, the kit or SVTP!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Bruce is a stand up guy with a great product.Not cheep but you get what you pay for.He was not misleading & P.M,s back by the next day for tec service.No problem hear! I'm sure SVTP is O.K. with him or he would not be hear.

forestgreen95gt

Established Member
Seeing it seems you're a little uninformed about myself and the kit, I'll give you a little insight regarding the facts!

Back in 2003 when I decided I had enough of those crappy rubber OEM bushings in my IRS, I shopped the internet for a solution. What I found was a guy by the name of Nick making a Delrin bushing kit for the IRS. MM had no kit, Griggs had no kit, Steeda, Kenny Brown and everyone else I checked had no kits either. The complete story can be found here:

Mystery of IRS

It also seems that you are uniformed about me getting permission from the SVTP Staff to offer the kit to some of my fellow 2000 Cobra R enthusiasts in the Cobra R forum of SVTP. These members were racing and open tracking their Cobra R's. This is after the then Cobra R moderator personally drove my car with the kit and was just as impressed as I was with the vast improvement in handling the new IRS demonstrated.

Initially I only sold the kits to people I personally knew. I had no inventory. I sold kits as they were manufactured. So many people were impressed with the kit, word spread very fast and demand grew even faster.

The insanely low prices were in the early stages of the kit. This was before the addition of industrial Hardcoat on the wear surfaces. Something MM doesn't offer. And before the grease fitting kit. Another thing not available from MM. Want subframe bushings that are not made out of crappy poly? You have to get them from FTBR as well! We offer ALL of these design and engineering improvements at a substantial cost savings to boot!!!

Using my industry contacts from my day gig, in a way to design and develop a better engineered IRS bushing kit at a cost savings to Cobra owners is bad in WHAT WAY?!?!?!?!:dw:

It's also quite apparent you've somehow missed my post in this thread, post #43:

Asking Jack to clarify his "disturbing accusation" about getting his posts deleted on SVTP! :dw:

I personally went through each and every one of Jack's 54 posts and guess what I found? Not a single one of his posts were deleted by SVTP Staff. Sid (SVTP Owner) also confirmed my findings. Not only has Jack not answered my questions, he's also not posted since.

I can assure you that your post, just like Jack's post, will be here for the duration. Although I somehow don't think your post will be as good of a sales tool for FTBR as Jack's post has been!

I'd be glad to clear up any other mis-conceptions you may have regarding me, the kit or SVTP!

I had lower control arm bushings from Griggs and polysubframe bushings from MM, which weren't that much better then stock, back in '03. SHM offered aluminum ones shortly thereafter. Bottom line is there were option back then...i still have the receipts for them. I can even remember talking to griggs back in "01-'02 before I bought their whole gr40 system and they didn't seem too interested in developing the IRS and their lower control arm delrin bushings showed it. I knew all 'bout the options then.

The insanely low prices are from the fact that you got materials and machine time at a discount...that is it. There is nothing wrong with that but it's nice to have friends giving you deals left and right. Like those that allow you and no others to circumvent the rules and use their forums as a market place while your hobby/business gets off the ground.

I don't need any help with the IRS.

I guess according to you Jack has an extremely overactive imagination.

How long with this stay up??? I'll be checking...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I had lower control arm bushings from Griggs and polysubframe bushings from MM, which weren't that much better then stock, back in '03. SHM offered aluminum ones shortly thereafter. Bottom line is there were option back then...i still have the receipts for them. I can even remember talking to griggs back in "01-'02 before I bought their whole gr40 system and they didn't seem too interested in developing the IRS and their lower control arm delrin bushings showed it. I knew all 'bout the options then.

Subframe bushings were only a small portion of a total IRS bushing package I was looking to do. I had no interest in poly subframe bushings MM had to offer. I've had far too many previous bad experiences with poly! :rollseyes

The SHM aluminum ones were insanely overpriced like all of his parts were/are. I had no interest in purchasing them.

The insanely low prices are from the fact that you got materials and machine time at a discount...that is it.

This is the second time you've mentioned this and you're just as wrong this time as you were previously. I pay full price for my machined parts. I think perhaps you must be confusing "mark-up" with cost. I didn't/don't have to mark my parts up 200%, 300% or 400% like other aftermarket suspension manufacturers may be doing. I think that may be what you're referring to. It seems like you have a problem with Cobra owners being able to buy top quality manufactured parts and get a deal on them? :shrug: Most people I know want to buy the best parts for the least cost. Not higher priced parts that underdeliver in performance and durability.

it's nice to have friends giving you deals left and right. Like those that allow you and no others to circumvent the rules and use their forums as a market place while your hobby/business gets off the ground.

My parts are marketed on SVTP with the permission of the owner. It's a private site, he's free to run his business in any way he pleases. I don't see what your issue is?

How long with this stay up??? I'll be checking...

This post will stay up just as long as Jack's post and your other post, which is indefinitely.

Users who are viewing this thread