Iron Fist, Lead Foot (SVT Community Book)

Gmc72701

Established Member
Gentlemen I really apologize for the delay. I've had a few people in the family die recently and as someone in the funeral business, I've not only had the work to deal with from it but also my mother's side of the family and the losses ... I'm at the post office right now sending it out to @oh3redfiresvt again I'm an ass especially for keeping you guys in the dark and I am sorry

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Gentlemen I really apologize for the delay. I've had a few people in the family die recently and as someone in the funeral business, I've not only had the work to deal with from it but also my mother's side of the family and the losses ... I'm at the post office right now sending it out to @oh3redfiresvt again I'm an ass especially for keeping you guys in the dark and I am sorry

Very sorry to hear. Prayers for you and your family.

Thanks for updating us and no worries. You came through so all is well.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Wow, so sorry to hear.

Venom351R

Established Member
Well if you plan on sticking around, I don't see what the big deal is.
It's what's best to keep the book moving. New guys come and go.
You are new here, but this is not the first book that this was done with an IFLF book, 1 turned up MIA before.
As I said in the PM you can have as many safeguards put into place on this book but the reality is the more hands it touch's and the more its sent in faith through the US mail system the greater the chances are something is going to happen to it again. There needs to be a set date that is a cut off point for this book. You can't base someone's integrity off X number of posts. Someone having 100 posts only makes you feel better, it does not mean they are not going to keep the book or lose it or have a house fire exc exc exc....

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
. Someone having 100 posts only makes you feel better, it does not mean they are not going to keep the book or lose it or have a house fire exc exc exc....
It is definitely a good bet that they are not going to just up and leave the site if they are a contributing member of SVTP.
Lol at a house fire etc. That's totally likely to happen, rather than some newb just keeping it.
You can say what you want through PM or in public, but you know I'm right.

Apparently, at least 1 mod agrees as well.
I think 500 minimum, unless you have been here a while and stay active. Tag me anytime, so I can check profiles.
My rules.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Wow sorry to hear if all the family problems. Thats never easy to deal with

Venom351R

Established Member
It is definitely a good bet that they are not going to just up and leave the site if they are a contributing member of SVTP.
Lol at a house fire etc. That's totally likely to happen, rather than some newb just keeping it.
You can say what you want through PM or in public, but you know I'm right.

Apparently, at least 1 mod agrees as well.

The chances of a noob stumbling on this thread and waiting months to get the book just for the purpose of keeping it is about as low as a house fire. The book was kept before and that's unfortunate but my point is that an arbitrary post count is not going to increase or lesson the chances of someone keeping it or timely moving the book onto the next person. Post counts do not = integrity. Disagree if you like to its just my perspective. Being active on the site is more important than a post count number.

oh3redfiresvt

Established Member
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I still haven’t received the book . I know it shipped out on September 2nd . I have a tracking number and it says arriving late but still in transit. Shouldn’t be much longer. Hopefully

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Great book that I read a long time ago. I joined this site in 2004 with a slow 04' GT (hence the name "Red Turtle") and finally picked up a very low mile 04' CO back in 2007. I owned the car for 3yrs before selling it in 2010 because of the need to lighten expenses with my girls at the time being in dance, sports, gymnastics...etc. The day it left my wife cried and kids missed it as well. While I have had many other great cars, nothing has ever brought the kind of smile that car did.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I also bought the second version that also came with a poster of SVTP members cars. I just went through the book again but can't find the poster at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread