Iron Fist, Lead Foot (SVT Community Book)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I get it, I will ship it in a poly seal bag inside a small box, just to play it safe. Sucks that the envelope got wet.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
WTF
It was just in a cardboard envelope? No bag or any other protection?
That is a very precious book. This ****ing blows. Looks like some names are smudged.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just seeing this.

I've told @dragrazor to seal the book in a ziplock or something when he ships it out.

People, please have some common since and take care of this book. It may not have a big monetary value, but it's been around for almost a decade now and it means something to us. And to almost have it ruined because we won't take the time to properly package it is ridiculous and just plain lazy.

Take the time you need to get it aired out @dragrazor , there's no rush.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just seeing this.

I've told @dragrazor to seal the book in a ziplock or something when he ships it out.

People, please have some common since and take care of this book. It may not have a big monetary value, but it's been around for almost a decade now and it means something to us. And to almost have it ruined because we won't take the time to properly package it is ridiculous and just plain lazy.

It was just in a cardboard envelope, it could have just as easily been torn open and lost after it got wet.

dragrazor

Established Member
Just seeing this.

I will do my best, I promise. I will seal it up good when I mail it. Stupidity at its finest. Sorry but this pisses me off. It’s just a little time to care for this book by preserving it properly. I don’t get it.

dragrazor

Established Member
Airing it out. Once it dries, I am putting something heavy on it to flatten out the pages as best I can.

Attachments

• 3B02E097-5C3B-4DC3-92F3-3DA2D830487E.jpeg
    3B02E097-5C3B-4DC3-92F3-3DA2D830487E.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 65

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Airing it out. Once it dries, I am putting something heavy on it to flatten out the pages as best I can.
Oh, wow! It's damaged pretty badly unfortunately. Drying it out and trying to flatten it isn't going to in anyway undo the damage caused during shipping and getting wet. The paper fibers expanded and won't go back to normal. Really, really sucks to see the damage done to an important book that's been circulating for years. In hindsight, maybe shipping instructions should have been included with each shipment, stating minimally how to re-pack the signed book and even what shipping service (ie. Priority Mail vs. First Class Parcel). I would bet that a few others shipped it in a similar package. The difference this time was that it somehow got really wet which destroyed the package and damaged the contents.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, wow! It's damaged pretty badly unfortunately. Drying it out and trying to flatten it isn't going to in anyway undo the damage caused during shipping and getting wet. The paper fibers expanded and won't go back to normal. Really, really sucks to see the damage done to an important book that's been circulating for years. In hindsight, maybe shipping instructions should have been included with each shipment, stating minimally how to re-pack the signed book and even what shipping service (ie. Priority Mail vs. First Class Parcel). I would bet that a few others shipped it in a similar package. The difference this time was that it somehow got really wet which destroyed the package and damaged the contents.

Good luck Bob. It's just common sense. Some have none.
If there was a set of shipping instructions that wouldn't help either. They would just get left behind at some point, just like the Ziploc bag that was in there.

I can't even put my aggravation and disappointment into words.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
If there was a set of shipping instructions that wouldn't help either. They would just get left behind at some point, just like the Ziploc bag that was in there.

Last time I had the book it was packaged perfectly… that was year ago I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
No matter how good you package something, any shipping service will say oh yeah watch this. Lol. But this is definitely pretty upsetting.

When I had the book over last Christmas, I got it in a book size plastic bubble envelope only. When I shipped it out I put it back in that and then a priority envelope. There was a few pics and stickers and what not, did those get damaged too?

Last edited:

dragrazor

Established Member
No matter how good you package something, any shipping service will say oh yeah what this. Lol. But this is definitely pretty upsetting.

When I had the book over last Christmas, I got it in a book size plastic bubble envelope only. When I shipped it out I put it back in that and then a priority envelope. There was a few pics and stickers and what not, did those get damaged too?
I was able to dry up the pics and sticker. The envelope that the pics were in got wet also. I was able to dry it all. The svt sticker got a bit wet also. Trying my best to dry it and repair it.

muscleatsrice

Established Member

Common sense ain’t that common.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread