IRON FIST, LEAD FOOT: John Coletti and Ford's Terminator

SlowSVT

Established Member
Hey SlowSVT, that's a great idea about the assembly plant book, but it's already been done - and very well done, I must say!

http://www.amazon.com/River-Rouge-Fords-Industrial-Colossus/dp/0760317089/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450281049&sr=1-5&keywords=ford+river

As for your comment about how little had changed in the basic manufacturing aspects, there is a photo in the new edition of Iron Fist, Lead Foot showing a Terminator with an original Model A - both cars built on the same assembly line decades apart! Now THAT is automotive heritage :coolman:

Frank, thanks for that link, it's a little pricey but I may buy that book.

Can't wait to get my new IFLF hardcover I will burn thru those pages like a hot knife thru butter to the point I'm already looking forward to when the 3rd edition when its released LOL Your book is addictive!

Last edited:

frank3si

Established Member
Frank, thanks for that link, it's a little pricey but I may buy that book.

Can't wait to get my new IFLF hardcover I will burn thru those pages like a hot knife thru butter to the point I'm already looking forward to when the 3rd edition its released LOL Your book is addictive!

LOL, I'm still recovering from getting this edition done!

frank3si

Established Member
Frank

Did you post the release of the new edition on mod fords? I was talking to the moderator and he was unaware of your new book. OK OK they are a bunch of "handicapped yellow bellied sap sucking left handed red headed Speed Racer wanna bees" we know. But they are still our brothers :rockon:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/17-2003-2004-SVT-Mustang-Cobra

Hmmm... I thought Marcie might have hit them with the info but I'll do so first thing tomorrow - thanks for the tip!

In fact, I just updated them now - thanks again, SlowSVT!

Last edited:

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We've been working on shipping the posters in between fulfilling store orders for Christmas. It will take us a while to get caught up with all the posters, but by next week, the shipping center will be all back to normal and we'll finish up the poster shipments.
~Marcie

dbrennancobra

Established Member
We've been working on shipping the posters in between fulfilling store orders for Christmas. It will take us a while to get caught up with all the posters, but by next week, the shipping center will be all back to normal and we'll finish up the poster shipments.
~Marcie

Sorry about all my orders! :)

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry about all my orders! :)

Hahaha! Oh, that's quite alright. We're gonna add some new stuff after the first of the year and partner up with some other manufacturers to offer some unique items. As always - suggestions are welcome! I have licensing for lots of Ford Performance vehicle logos, sometimes I just don't know what to make!

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I got a ship notification today! Nice.

That would be your poster most likely. I did make a subtle request of our fulfillment center, it sounded something like this - "PLEASE get those posters out before people form a pitchfork mob and burn down my house!" :fm::cuss::cuss::bash:

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
~Marcie

Thanks for the update!
I received a shipping confirmation today as well.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Hahaha! Oh, that's quite alright. We're gonna add some new stuff after the first of the year and partner up with some other manufacturers to offer some unique items. As always - suggestions are welcome! I have licensing for lots of Ford Performance vehicle logos, sometimes I just don't know what to make!

Another idea, Marcie - to complement the tag that goes on top of the Eaton housing: a matching plate to fit on the driver's side COP cover. That same design or maybe something like "Powered by SVT" may be neat to see. Have a spare set in the garage, so can get the plate dimensions if that interests you (and anyone else).

Something similar to this maybe:

Lightning%20build%20plate_zpskj1py4lq.jpg

frank3si

Established Member
Who's car is on video in link?

When car started it sounded like the tick issue.

Are you talking about the introduction video on the IFLF book site? If so, that's my own Terminator. I haven't really noticed it and have had no issues are far as fluids - could be the audio recording, or I fairly recently went full synthetic and I've read that can increase noise.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Are you talking about the introduction video on the IFLF book site? If so, that's my own Terminator. I haven't really noticed it and have had no issues are far as fluids - could be the audio recording, or I fairly recently went full synthetic and I've read that can increase noise.

Noise I hear is in exhaust ...a sound I recall on mine both times

just something we all deal with..such a nice car..hope we can all still fix these years from now

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Just made my order! Damn CDN dollar being so low
looking forward to the book and poster! Read the 1st book twice

Last edited:

furious465

Established Member
I just got the book as I am new to the Termi, to be honest I am not much of a reader and have never read a book from cover to cover before. But I am more then halfway through it already, it's got my attention and I am enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread