IRON FIST, LEAD FOOT: John Coletti and Ford's Terminator

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
One of the worst things about writing a book is waiting for it to arrive from the printer. So, to burn off some of that waiting for IRON FIST, LEAD FOOT, this weekend I ran the Philadelphia Marathon - powered by SVT, of course!

Way to go, Frank. I hope you aren't on a total health kick that involves lack of interest in some cold ones from time to time! Still have to get in to Philly again so I can drag you out. Glad the book project is off your back too - what a relief!

frank3si

Established Member
Way to go, Frank. I hope you aren't on a total health kick that involves lack of interest in some cold ones from time to time! Still have to get in to Philly again so I can drag you out. Glad the book project is off your back too - what a relief!

Trust me, Joe, in my marathon program beers and bourbon are essential components! :rockon:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Trust me, Joe, in my marathon program beers and bourbon are essential components! :rockon:

Two of the four basic food groups for sure!

Great job on all counts, Frank. Definitely time for a vacation, but your fans will all be thankful that this project has become a reality:thumbsup:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
congrats on the marathon Frank, that's quite the accomplishment. Having run one myself, I know what it takes.

Can't wait to get my book!!!

frank3si

Established Member
Looking forward to getting my copy.

My sincere thanks to all of you for all of your support and interest in this book. I really think you're all going to dig it when you see it - the story of these cars really deserved the full-color deluxe treatment!

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man I need to place my order. I have the original and it was an awesome read. This edition in color looks amazing.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Frank

You should consider writing a book on the Rouge River Plant (DAP). There is huge history in that place which is just as fascinating. Henry Ford built it in 1915 for Model-T production and later Sherman tanks during WWII. Raw iron ore went in one end of the building and finished product came out the other end. The Mustang assembly line cranked out a Mustang every 93 seconds and did that for 40 years. Postban (old SVTP member) took a ton of photos of the assembly process

dap20_zpsyd76gbyl.jpg

dap03_zps6xal4hlt.jpg

I know you book does cover the assembly of the car but it's focus is on the Terminator and not the plant itself. It was a fitting end for DAP to produce the last Fox (-4) Mustang with the Terminator in particular. My car was produced on 1/16/04 and the plant closed on 4/1/04 :nonono: The history of that factory if only the walls could speak.

Here is a great documentary on the Rouge River Plant. Funny how little has changed in the basic manufacture of the components which are just as valid today as they were then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0PAg7FfMk

I guess Ford built their new truck plant at the site

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Take a look at this - Advance Copies of Iron Fist, Lead Foot have arrived!!!

SampleBooks.jpg

The FIRST TWO ADVANCE COPIES of the book arrived yesterday! :-D

The rest of the books are on their way and ~~~barring any issues with customs~~~ we are on schedule for arrival in late January!

After hundreds of hours of work, it's really great to hold the final product in hand. I think everyone will be really happy with it.

(and before anyone even asks, the answer is YES, that IS celebratory wine in my SVT mug! Cheers!)
~Marcie​

frank3si

Established Member
Hey SlowSVT, that's a great idea about the assembly plant book, but it's already been done - and very well done, I must say!

http://www.amazon.com/River-Rouge-Fords-Industrial-Colossus/dp/0760317089/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450281049&sr=1-5&keywords=ford+river

As for your comment about how little had changed in the basic manufacturing aspects, there is a photo in the new edition of Iron Fist, Lead Foot showing a Terminator with an original Model A - both cars built on the same assembly line decades apart! Now THAT is automotive heritage :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread