IRON FIST, LEAD FOOT: John Coletti and Ford's Terminator

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
John Coletti = NO WAY. I had to send someone to his house to bribe him with with cigars and booze just to get a photo of his retirement party to use in the book - and even then it took some strongarm tactics just to get a low-res cell phone shot of the event emailed to us. :lol1: He stays out of the spotlight...WAY out of the spotlight. We always invite him to events and try to get him involved, but he just doesn't want it. Maybe when he sees the book and the legacy he's created, maybe, just maybe, we can get him to engage. That would be amazing.

Frank = I am considering dragging Frank up here to the mountains when the books are delivered in January and locking him in my garage with a sharpie...Stay Tuned.... :read:

Well, that is most unfortunate. One has to wonder.... Does Mr. Coletti know of the following that he has in the SVTP community? How about making a donation to his favorite charity for his signing of the book? He's got to have a soft spot somewhere.....
Oh well, I guess Franks signature will have to do.... haha. Thanks guys!

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here's a little peek behind the scenes. These are the final pre-production proofs from the printer. Nothing too fancy, but an important part of the process that people don't usually get to see.

PrinterProofIFLF.jpg

Thanks for all the pre-orders, we really appreciate your support! Most of you have already received your pre-order bonus posters, I hope you enjoy them while we wait for the books to be printed. :)

It seems like January is SO FAR away, but it will be here before you know it and we'll get all your books shipped out as soon as they arrive!

http://www.ironfistleadfoot.com/

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Very cool, thank you to the editors for making this happen.....super excited

I can't tell, but it looks like my car might have made the poster. Honored to be part of this!!!

Book ordered:rockon:

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Frank

It's pretty cool having you post on this site. I don't know of too many other car freaks who can boast of having a book written about the development of their car. Especially such a low volume version of a mass produced one like the Terminator which actually was quite ground breaking. The funny thing is just about any snot nosed 20 year old noob with limited wrenching skills, a few few thousand dollars and a Cobra could instill fear into an exotic car owner who spent $100's of $1000 more. The fact this car impressed you enough to do all the research, gain access to the factory employees for interviews (which is no easy task) and write a book about it speaks volumes! I'm sure you barely broke even after all the time and money spent the Terminator community and automotive historians will be forever grateful for what you have done! As a design engineer I found the insights in your book to be fascinating I couldn't put it down and read it in 1 sitting. I'm getting your new edition and will sift through it looking for what I missed in the 1st one.

Thank you sir!

John Colletti :bowdown:

I would rather have his signature on my dash pad over Carrol Shelby in a heartbeat. It kinda sucks he's shuns the limelight but it is understandable. The risks he took to get this car produced will forever cement his name in the annals of automotive history.

Ford has yet to produce a car I would rather own then a Terminator bar none and will be forever grateful I own one. The new Mustangs are quickly getting very complex and will be a nightmare to maintain and restore as the years pass. The Terminator has lots of 79 Fox DNA and that will prove to be a major advantage as the years pass.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Wow this is great! I've read my soft cover book twice, its gotten a few creases. I always wanted a version with better pics, definitely getting my order in.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
Pre-order submitted! I am excited about the bonus poster (especially since my car is on it!) and additional bonus of having the book signed by Frank!

4601S/C

Established Member
Pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. I still have not read this book, so I'm quite excited to get it!

SlowSVT

Established Member
...while I was printing these flyers my yellow toner cartridge completely crapped out. They look terrible! :nonono: But the poster is good right? :p

Can Frank autograph the pre-ordered books? Not that I would wait outside a nightclub so he could sign mine but it would be a nice touch and would probably sell more books up front.

Just a though

MCipriani

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can Frank autograph the pre-ordered books? Not that I would wait outside a nightclub so he could sign mine but it would be a nice touch and would probably sell more books up front.

Just a though

That is the plan!
But we don't live in the same area, so it takes some planning. Unless there is some cataclysmic snowstorm in January that keeps him from coming here to sign them, he should be able to make the 3 hour drive and spend a few hours signing all the pre-orders.

mjg11

MJG 11
Established Member
That is the plan!
But we don't live in the same area, so it takes some planning. Unless there is some cataclysmic snowstorm in January that keeps him from coming here to sign them, he should be able to make the 3 hour drive and spend a few hours signing all the pre-orders.
Just ordered my copy
I have read the first book many times I cant wait for the new edition , I hope it comes with Franks autograph :)

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
I didn't know that the posters were going to ship prior to the books release.......I have not received mine yet.....any details on when they will ship out?

SlowSVT

Established Member
That is the plan!

A 3 hour drive each way just to get carpel tunnel syndrome seems like a lot to ask. Maybe you can just ship Frank the copies to be signed then get them shipped back to you for distribution. Are there a lot of books involved with the pre-sale?

Users who are viewing this thread