IRON FIST, LEAD FOOT: John Coletti and Ford's Terminator

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just ordered my book on Tuesday, signed by Frank. I'm really excited about receiving it. Awesome that it's now in full color. :rockon:

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I passed your question along to Cary Kramp, who oversaw the Terminator engine builds at Romeo Engine as Niche Line Coordinator. Cary is in the photo you asked about. Here's what he wrote me just now:

John Hanser is not in the team picture in the book. Dale Berry is the bald guy directly behind and to the right of the engine. There are only 6 of us in the picture that are still working for Ford! The majority of the guys in that picture have retired! We had an awesome team for that build!! Great times!!

Thanks for passing my question along. I actually saw an '04 drivetrain on Ebay and the engine had the exact same builders as mine. I will look again at that picture now, thanks again for doing that follow up.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I just received my book today. I can't wait to sit down after dinner and start reading. And thank you Frank for signing the book. I can't wait to add a terminator next to my Shelby.

Someday, I want to add a 13-14 DIB GT-500 next to my terminator.

frank3si

Established Member
Thanks for passing my question along. I actually saw an '04 drivetrain on Ebay and the engine had the exact same builders as mine. I will look again at that picture now, thanks again for doing that follow up.

No problem - happy to help :beer:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Im sure it will happen. I still have never owned a terminator and it's one car I have always dreamed of owning. I really hope I can find a bone stock one.

I'm sure you will. As the years go by they will be harder to find stock.

frank3si

Established Member
I'm sure you will. As the years go by they will be harder to find stock.

Everything I've done to mine can be reversed - I kept the original exhaust that I switched for MagnaFlow, kept the original shifter that I switched out for a Steeda Tri-Ax, have both sets of wheels, etc. The only thing I kick myself about was when I installed my FR500 steering wheel I over-torqued the stock wheel and broke one part of it. If I get obsessed enough about it, I may track one down...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Everything I've done to mine can be reversed - I kept the original exhaust that I switched for MagnaFlow, kept the original shifter that I switched out for a Steeda Tri-Ax, have both sets of wheels, etc. The only thing I kick myself about was when I installed my FR500 steering wheel I over-torqued the stock wheel and broke one part of it. If I get obsessed enough about it, I may track one down...

I have all my original parts for my 92 GT except the catback. I should start tracking some stock stuff down for my Cobra incase I ever decide to make it stock. But I would be less fun than it is now. Thanks again for this book and signing it.

Users who are viewing this thread