Iowa: September cruise/show

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
THE DATE IS OFFICIAL!

SEPTEMBER 26th is the date of the bike/car/truck show and cruise.

So for the past 10ish years my aunt has run a local car show at the K-Mart parking lot in Cedar Rapids and in recent years many cars have showed up. The event title is Wheels for United and goes for a great cause. Raffle tickets are sold to raise the money and all the prizes you can win at the show are worth wanting.... TV's, Fridges, Cameras etc....

Besides the raffle there is anything and everything at the show and many trophies are awarded. This past year it was close to 30 trophies im sure. There is also a bike cruise already planned out but I was thinking that after the show we could all take a nice cruise if everyone is game for that. I'm also thinking that svtp will have their own area at the show if we can get enough people to go.

I want to start getting a count for this event ASAP so please tell everyone you want to come as soon as you can. This event is for a great cause and has been pretty damn good the past couple of years. If anyone else is familiar with the cedar rapids/marion area I wouldn't mind input on a cruise route just pm me.

Here are some pics from last year's event......

DSCN3427.jpg

DSCN3424-1.jpg

DSCN3421.jpg

DSCN3420.jpg

DSCN3417.jpg

DSCN3415.jpg

DSCN3414.jpg

DSCN3413.jpg

DSCN3412.jpg

DSCN3410.jpg

DSCN3409.jpg

DSCN3408.jpg

DSCN3407.jpg

DSCN3406.jpg

DSCN3405.jpg

DSCN3397.jpg

DSCN3396.jpg

DSCN3393.jpg

DSCN3392.jpg

DSCN3391.jpg

DSCN3390.jpg

DSCN3389.jpg

DSCN3388.jpg

DSCN3387.jpg

Last edited:

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Well atleast gives me some time to start piecin my truck together, I hopefully be startin on it in a few weeks. Some guy is comin from mason city to buy my sled.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
sounds good guys.... try to get some other people involved if you can it would be sweet to have a huge svtp crew show up

03snkvert

Established Member
Why don't you post a link in the Who's from Iowa section and the Cruise section!

black six

Established Member
i may be interested i do know i'll have a major vacation in october so it'll depend on how close the date is.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
well when you guys know for sure and when i get the exact dates ill start making a list of people who will be coming

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
I thought you were Navy bound man? At any rate I'm down for the show again; maybe I'll be a lil more prepared and actually get to cruise with you too. I just had alot of crap to do the morning prior to coming to the show. I doubt my car changes much from last year- hoping for complete suspension and brake upgrade but ascetically it will be about the same as last year. I might be getting tint in mid Spring of 09 I don't know if your tinted but if your not and want to come with me that'd be cool- theres a group of about 5-8 people all going to Advanced Tinting Solutions in CR if your interested lemme know.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
I thought you were Navy bound man? At any rate I'm down for the show again; maybe I'll be a lil more prepared and actually get to cruise with you too. I just had alot of crap to do the morning prior to coming to the show. I doubt my car changes much from last year- hoping for complete suspension and brake upgrade but ascetically it will be about the same as last year. I might be getting tint in mid Spring of 09 I don't know if your tinted but if your not and want to come with me that'd be cool- theres a group of about 5-8 people all going to Advanced Tinting Solutions in CR if your interested lemme know.

so u didnt do the other mods you had in mind? And yes I'm still going navy but I'm hoping to be back from basic by then and if not then ill just send a crowd

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
Other mods?
Like wheels/tires and build the rear end?
I got that stuff in Fall and planned to install it in my friends shop (he has a lift so thats nice) and the day we were going to it was rainy/sleet/snow outside and the weather never cooperated again. So I do have my DRs, FR500 wheels (17x9 front &17x10.5 rear) 31 spline Moser axles and the upgraded Ford Trac-Loc.

Bottom line is with my car I haven't picked a path to take yet (I wanna toss a s/c on it) but after all said and done I would still fear blowing my motor- even on safe boost level- so I'm looking at building my motor or a shortblock. I also like the idea of building a high compression motor (11:1 comp or so) port/polish the heads and intake mani then tossing on some cams. Either way I would be running around 400-450whp and that sounds like enough for me, if I ever want more I'll spray a 75-100 wet shot.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
Other mods?
Like wheels/tires and build the rear end?
I got that stuff in Fall and planned to install it in my friends shop (he has a lift so thats nice) and the day we were going to it was rainy/sleet/snow outside and the weather never cooperated again. So I do have my DRs, FR500 wheels (17x9 front &17x10.5 rear) 31 spline Moser axles and the upgraded Ford Trac-Loc.

Bottom line is with my car I haven't picked a path to take yet (I wanna toss a s/c on it) but after all said and done I would still fear blowing my motor- even on safe boost level- so I'm looking at building my motor or a shortblock. I also like the idea of building a high compression motor (11:1 comp or so) port/polish the heads and intake mani then tossing on some cams. Either way I would be running around 400-450whp and that sounds like enough for me, if I ever want more I'll spray a 75-100 wet shot.

Ic ic.... well y not throw the supercharger on anyways and if the motor goes it goes.... then just drop a short block in it haha

Users who are viewing this thread