Iowa/Minnesota

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Anyone around in the upper part of Iowa or Southern Minnesota? I see a quad cities area, but I'm up 4-5 hours from there.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Yep.

What are you driving? If you have been in Mason City, you might have seen my car. Its in the sig.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Ya, I've seen you around a couple times like at Premiere Video and Kum&Go central. I would have been driving a lowered Grand Prix with a ram air hood and 18" wheels with a polished lip. Your car sounds good, we always followed you for a bit to hear it.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
You have one nice Grand Prix. I'll bet your Cobra is nice as well. Do you know a guy named Ben in town. He used to drive a 96-98 black cobra then a red Saleen replica and now a mineral grey Saleen (replica?)? I think you might know him for some reason. He is a paint guy and posts on here from time to time.

With the crappy weather, I won't have my car out at least until it thaws enough to get rid of the ice. If you see me, or if I see you, we should stop and talk.

Later.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Ya, It's BJ. I went to school with him. It hard to say if its a replica. It's got a badge on the dash, and the saleen gauge face, but there's not much else that says saleen. I want to look under to hood.
I just got new tires put on today...so my car's up on stands and also away for weather. I'll PM ya with my #. I want to get like a cruise night set up for Mason and the area.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm in the SVTOA Twin Cities club - svtoatc.com We cruised down to Cedar Falls last year and held a race, spent the night and went to dinner etc. Something you guys might be interested in? We had an Orange Mach1 join us last year from somewhere down there. We plan on going a few times this year.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
SVTOATC.com - any and all Ford powered verhicles are welcome. We currently have about 49 members, and do car shows, cruises, drags and on track events with the cars. In the off months we plan other events, tubing, sledding go karts etc. We meet the 3rd Saturday of the month at Lakeville Ford, our Dealer Sponsor. After the meetings we go somewhere and grab a bite to eat and hang out. We also help each other with the mods. We are putting springs in my Cobra tomorrow morning!
I happen to live down in Rosemount, but we have members from all over the TC area. The next meeting is on the 19th of Feb. Shoot me a PM if you want, and I can give you my cell # and give you instructions to get there.

Rick

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
The orange Mach 1 sounds like Cory P. He's the only one with an orange Mach in town that I'm aware of. I'd love to go on cruises, I really want to get a cruise night going here.
Somebody bought a black Lightning from Lyon's here in town. I haven't had the chance to talk to him when I see him...so if you're out there holler at me at Mason City Powersports!
I'll check out that club...

Later,

Chad :thumbsup:

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Cito, you been out? Haven't seen you in awhile. Ben has his Saleen going. It looks great. We need to get a drive going pretty soon.

Martinrulz

Established Member
Hey roadfoolsride I'm from waterloo, bout an hour SE from mason city and am looking for a place to dyno my car. Granted its not a Cobra. Its a 2002 GT and you mentioned you work at Mason City Powersports, do they have a dyno? All I have done is full exhaust along with Densecharger and accufab TB and plenum. It'd just be cool to see where the car stood. Having a hard time finding a dyno palce close to me. Let me know thanks man.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
No we don't have a dyno. We're a Yamaha/Arctic Cat dealer. I've been thinkin about doin a tune myself...after a couple more mods.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Hey,

I have been busy at work. Autocross season started this month, and we have a new baby in the family.

Let me know if you get a cruise night going. The Mustang Club of Central Iowa has its first autocross at the go-kart track in Marshalltown on May 15th, you should give that a try. Also, there is a on-track weekend scheduled at the end of July that should be cool.

I saw you driving about three weeks ago, and your car looks very nice. Also talked with Ben maybe five weeks ago. His car is also looking very cool. It would be fun to start a Mustang club for north Iowa and Southern Minnesota.

Keep in touch.

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Congrats on the baby!
That date in May I'll be in St. Louis for World Ford Challenge.
I've been really busy at work too, and been playin with the bikes. Racing season started and my first race is this next weekend in Brainerd...so I get to work on getting ready for that. We should go out to eat some night with Ben and talk about a club and what we'd like to do with it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread