Investment Properties: Cabins

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
More specifically Cabins in the Gatlinburg, TN. I have always wanted an Investment Property or properties, not a lot, just one or two. I really want a beach house/condo and I made a thread on it several months ago, but with the high expense of ownership and only being able to rent it a few months out of the year it would be more of a headache.

I have since turned my attention to small cabins in the Gatlinburg, TN area. You can buy furnished cabins for less than $100k and it seems that Gatlinburg is a popular spot for most of the year.

Thoughts on the idea? Pros and Cons? Do any of you have Investment Properties in or around Gatlinburg? or maybe in the Mountains in general?

thanks.

getTwisted

Established Member
I'd like to have one somewhere in the mountains around Asheville, NC.

As would I, or Boone. Being my first one I was thinking on Gatlinburg since that town gets so many tourists throughout the entire year.

Asheville would be a good idea with the Biltmore Estate pulling tourist year round.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Well it is a beautiful place there.

My only slight advice would be this. I hear a lot of people headed to that area, and it was busy when I was there. So you clearly are not the only one with a cabin for rent. If you go with this idea, word of mouth would really help you. Let all your coworkers, extended family, neighbors, etc know you rent a cabin up there. Once you get some customers, they tell their friends, etc.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know the area, but 100k for a "cabin" sounds real damn expensive.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
More specifically Cabins in the Gatlinburg, TN. I have always wanted an Investment Property or properties, not a lot, just one or two. I really want a beach house/condo and I made a thread on it several months ago, but with the high expense of ownership and only being able to rent it a few months out of the year it would be more of a headache.

I have since turned my attention to small cabins in the Gatlinburg, TN area. You can buy furnished cabins for less than $100k and it seems that Gatlinburg is a popular spot for most of the year.

Thoughts on the idea? Pros and Cons? Do any of you have Investment Properties in or around Gatlinburg? or maybe in the Mountains in general?

thanks.

We started looking into the same exact thing a few years ago. Just wasn't the right time for us.
Pay a management company to take care of renting and maintenance and sit back.

getTwisted

Established Member
I dont know the area, but 100k for a "cabin" sounds real damn expensive.

Well, I should have been more specific. You can get a nice cabin for $100k. You can get a decent one for $70K that may need a little work.

getTwisted

Established Member
We started looking into the same exact thing a few years ago. Just wasn't the right time for us.
Pay a management company to take care of renting and maintenance and sit back.

That is probably what I will do. I would spend more money trying to take care of it myself. I'd rather not have to go up there unless I was wanted to visit the area for a couple days.

sonicblew

Established Member
A guy i know literally just started the papers on one that over looks the town he said. around 100k not sure if its a true cabin or house. i can pick his brain a little and see what he says. he probably won't have a ton of advice just yet.
Funny he just told me today too

getTwisted

Established Member
A guy i know literally just started the papers on one that over looks the town he said. around 100k not sure if its a true cabin or house. i can pick his brain a little and see what he says. he probably won't have a ton of advice just yet.
Funny he just told me today too

That would be great thanks!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
As would I, or Boone. Being my first one I was thinking on Gatlinburg since that town gets so many tourists throughout the entire year.

Asheville would be a good idea with the Biltmore Estate pulling tourist year round.

I was thinking more of a vacation property for myself than renting it.

Users who are viewing this thread