Investing?

Vigilante

Established Member
Hello everyone, I'm not new, but at the same time I've been gone long enough that I practically am new again haha. Anyway, I remember a while back there was a general investment thread but i can't find it now or at least don't remember it at all and I'm over looking it. But I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what to do with a decent size of money? Like what should I start looking into? Most likely I will use most if not all as the down payment on a house, but on the off chance I keep some of it, what would you do with say...10k?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Hello everyone, I'm not new, but at the same time I've been gone long enough that I practically am new again haha. Anyway, I remember a while back there was a general investment thread but i can't find it now or at least don't remember it at all and I'm over looking it. But I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what to do with a decent size of money? Like what should I start looking into? Most likely I will use most if not all as the down payment on a house, but on the off chance I keep some of it, what would you do with say...10k?
First thing I wouldn’t do is ask for financial advice on a ford auto board.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

*Disclaimer* I am a licensed stock broker and therefore won’t tell you specifically what to invest in.

What are your short and long term goals with that money? Do you have a retirement plan through an employer already such as a 401k? Do you have an IRA that you are contributing to? How comfortable are you with risk?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Scottrade, then research ETF's, maintain proper diversification as your account increases and keep putting money in. With the level of computer AI, single stocks are just to risky in my view. My view on that would change if you want to live and breath researching and making firm decisions on sell/hold/buy at prices you figure out ahead of time. Most people do not have that dedication to pay attention to all news that might affect an individual stock.

nxhappy

Established Member
pick 5 stocks in large companies that pay a solid dividend and never look at the again. 10 grand really isn't THAT much to lose. Either that or by 10 grand in gold american eagle coins graded MS70 (the best). Now that I think about it I would do the gold ...

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Scottsdale has been bought by TDAmeritrade who has a 180 day hold. Do not know if that will be what it changes to yet, but I am looking into another broker.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh yea, just noticed that thread is no longer stickyied. By O4cobra or someone.

1. don't go solely off us.
2. If you want some opinions, need more info. Salary, current savings/retirement etc
3. Read opinions on here, but then make some appointments with some banks on how to invest that money. Research and choose the one you feel most comfortable with.
4. Invest it yourself. Research certain stocks/mutual funds and see/take educated guesses on how they will perform.

Users who are viewing this thread