Introducing The Nitto NT05"R" Drag Radial

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Thanks for your service today Matt. I will post up my opinions on these new 315 35 17s NT05Rs (heat cycled) for you soon. Recall I dont drag race, but can give real world feedback for street use!

Thx again!
Erik

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Matt, got the tires today! Man gotta love 1 day shipping time. Getting em mounted on Thursday or Friday and will report back.

The middle rubber strip is muchhhh wider on the drag radial vs its street tire brother!

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
I just ordered the stock size 275 40 17 in the NT05R from DTD. Thanks for your help Matt.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Well today got some miles on the new DRs. 04 sleeper and I went out for a few pulls and short cruise. Was running around today with tire pressure @ 28 psi. Full tank of E85, and Kevins additional mass. Did not do any burnouts to get em hot or sticky, but these tires are very sticky as is.

1st gear (on concrete): Holds well, but still spins at around 10 psi. I expected this.
2nd gear (on concrete) : I'll be damned, they 99% hooked. A little tire scratching going on but I am ecstatic!!
3rd gear : Whoa nelly! I got my 1st taste of drag radial softer sidewalls.....she was swaying a bit at the top of 3rd....once again, i expected it....and the traction I now have is a very welcome change!

Overall, given the amount of torque I'm hitting these tires with....I give em 2 big thumbs up! I have not tried any other DRs before, but these meet and satisfy my expectations. I can imagine with 20 or so psi on a prepped track with a good burnout, they would be half shaft killers........but since I'm a street only guy, I am very pleased with this purchase. Money well spent!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What is the price on 315/35/17

Below is the link with our current mail order price per tire. As you may know, shipping and sales tax is free for RI residents :thumbsup:

Well today got some miles on the new DRs. 04 sleeper and I went out for a few pulls and short cruise. Was running around today with tire pressure @ 28 psi. Full tank of E85, and Kevins additional mass. Did not do any burnouts to get em hot or sticky, but these tires are very sticky as is.

1st gear (on concrete): Holds well, but still spins at around 10 psi. I expected this.
2nd gear (on concrete) : I'll be damned, they 99% hooked. A little tire scratching going on but I am ecstatic!!
3rd gear : Whoa nelly! I got my 1st taste of drag radial softer sidewalls.....she was swaying a bit at the top of 3rd....once again, i expected it....and the traction I now have is a very welcome change!

Overall, given the amount of torque I'm hitting these tires with....I give em 2 big thumbs up! I have not tried any other DRs before, but these meet and satisfy my expectations. I can imagine with 20 or so psi on a prepped track with a good burnout, they would be half shaft killers........but since I'm a street only guy, I am very pleased with this purchase. Money well spent!

That is awsome :rockon: Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us here!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Anymore real world driving/launching data out there? I'm curious as to what 60's people are cutting w/the 05R vs the old style.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
What's the verdict on 10+ GT500 in OE size 285/35/19 I need to order 2 sets... the above posts are a little ambiguous

novi2000

Established Member
These tires 315 35 17 are really impressive, they do a good job at holding the road with 32 pounds of boost on the street.

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
Went to the track with 275 17 NT05Rs, my best 60 ft was 1.75 with most in the 1.8 range. Its my first time going in this car, so I dont know what I am doing for the most part.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
What's the verdict on 10+ GT500 in OE size 285/35/19 I need to order 2 sets... the above posts are a little ambiguous

Somebody call Nitto and tell them to hurry up with this Size!!!!!!!!

I made the mistake of putting them on a customers' Whippled 09 and now all of my 10-11 customers are calling me for "that new neato tire" lol

Matt Please PM me so I can pre-order 10 of them.

sisky wolf

Established Member
I just ordered the stock size 275 40 17 in the NT05R from DTD. Thanks for your help Matt.

Hi Matt! Not necessarily positive feed back...Just tried out the new Nto5r's yesterday..(Tires were heat cycled 275/40/17) rolled 2nd gear at about 35 mph and fried the tires ,hit 8500 rpms almost instantly..2nd try same speed same results...I guess I need to find a secluded spot to do a burn out berfore next attempt.

Love the looks of the tire..Had MT before with even worst results.

Users who are viewing this thread