Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lg.nit.logo.gif

NT05_3Quartercopy-1.jpg

NITTO NT05R
UTQG: 00 B, B (All Sizes)

Click here for: Sizes, Specs, and Pricing on the Nitto NT05R

The all-new NT05R is a D.O.T.-compliant competition drag radial designed for serious drag racing enthusiasts. The dual-purpose sidewall construction and the all-new specialized race compound enhance traction during launch and deliver stability at the top-end. This results in improved* consistency and controllability from the tire. The NT05R Will get you off the line quickly and down the track with confidence and speed.

The new NT05R Drag Radial will not phaise out the current NT555R Drag Radial. For those of you considering a street legal drag set up, the new NT05R Drag Radial will complement the recently released NT05 very well.

TECHNOLOGY

- New drag-specific compound specifically engineered for maximum traction at the starting line

- Large center tread block provides excellent dry traction and continuous contact patch

- Sidewall construction with high-modulus bead filler and large shoulder blocks increase straight-line stability

nt05r1.jpg

nto5r2.jpg

nto5r3.jpg

CURRENT SIZES

NittoChart-1.jpg

LL Indicates Light Load. Technical Information subject to change without notice. P345/30R19 scheduled for release March 2010.

REVIEWS

If you are running the NT05R, post your review here along with a picture or two - we (as well as Nitto) would love to read them.

Last edited:

PureSound15

Established Member
Great news. The NT05 is the best tire I've had on my car (Got them from Discount, too)... I just hope they have a few more 18" sizes - 315 30/35 18.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I know dr's and rain do not mix but I wonder if these will be better then the 555r in wet conditions...

DD2000SS

Established Member
I know dr's and rain do not mix but I wonder if these will be better then the 555r in wet conditions...

Look at the contact patch and the grooves on the tire and seriously think about it. No way.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
whats a set of 315/30/18s gonna cost me?

Any sizes for us heavy weights? 295/45/18?

The only information out at this time is the information that is posted in the OP. I imagine that Nitto will build this new model in size 315/30-18 but time will tell. I'm not sure if they will produce this model in a higher load rating though making it acceptable for the L.

As more information becomes available to us, we'll post up :rockon:

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

Sweet, finally something for the 19" wheels. Only problem is that 345 is 27.36" tall :eek:. Not sure if the sidewall technology they speak of would support a 305 or 315/30-19 series tire :shrug:. Sure would be nice though.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Posted this in the other thread:
I dont see how these wont phase out the 555r's. Everyone knows the DR's suck in the rain so everyone went out and bought a true track tire. The NT05 really improved the wet performance so it looks like they just smoothed the NT05 out to make it stickier. So in the end, I dont really see why anyone would by the 555r's anymore. I love my NT05's. They were incredibly sticky for the first 5k miles even in 1st gear. I cant imagine these are much sticker or will last near as long as the NT05 but its damn nice to see some more options!!!
nt05.jpg
image.jpg

DD2000SS

Established Member
If you compare the 555r to this 05r, I would imagine the 555r is still a good entry level dr. Decent traction, but also more realistic on a dd. I can't see the 05r having better water handling

Jefe

Established Member
It would have to have better wet traction. The NT05r has the NT05's massive water channels, The 555r does not

post-a200493-

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Any sizes for us heavy weights? 295/45/18?

305/45/18. That is the same sizing as the 555r. The 555r is a great tire for a Lightning. They work great at the track, low 1.7 short times, and do work well in rain. I drive daily on mine.:rockon:

Looking forward to the new tire for the Shelby. Will just need to pick up an extra 2 rims.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Subscribing...as I'm holding off for now to see what's the deal with these...I still don't understand how these can phase out the 555rs as those are a great DD DR...

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Subscribing...as I'm holding off for now to see what's the deal with these...I still don't understand how these can phase out the 555rs as those are a great DD DR...

Like mentioned in the OP, the NT05R Drag Radial will not phaise out the current NT555R Drag Radial.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

I've seen it in person, it shouldn't phase out the 555r. It has very little if any tread, like a new style M/T.

Users who are viewing this thread