Intermittent chirp sound when releasing clutch .

s351

Established Member
Ya it sounds exactly like mine. it makes zero noise car on or off, the only time it makes noise is when releasing the clutch while in gear, I have given up trying to find the issue, and will try figuring it out when it's time to change the clutch. The only thing I've noticed that help a bit was a couple of throttle blips before releasing the clutch.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya it sounds exactly like mine. it makes zero noise car on or off, the only time it makes noise is when releasing the clutch while in gear, I have given up trying to find the issue, and will try figuring it out when it's time to change the clutch. The only thing I've noticed that help a bit was a couple of throttle blips before releasing the clutch.
Yup sounds familiar. I'll try a couple throttle blips.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

willis414

Established Member
Sounds like clutch. What's the disc material in that clutch? Non organic clutch materials can make a high squeal or chirp in first on take off like your describe. See if it does it after you put some heat into the disc's. Slip the clutch a few times, some times the disc surface can glaze over and you'll get chirp.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like clutch. What's the disc material in that clutch? Non organic clutch materials can make a high squeal or chirp in first on take off like your describe. See if it does it after you put some heat into the disc's. Slip the clutch a few times, some times the disc surface can glaze over and you'll get chirp.
I'm not 100% sure what the material is. I don't recall it making any noise during the break in period.

I'll slip the clutch a bit and see what happens.

It also isn't consistent. It can do it a few times while I'm out cruising, then it's silent.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread