Interior carbon fiber

GS357

Established Member
Any experiences with the trufiber interior pieces or the hydrocarbon? Thinking about the radio bezel, console, and window switches.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Just my 2 cents, save your money and wrap it. I mean you're doing cf interior for the looks cause there no real weight savings... It looks the same if you get a quality wrap so yeah lol

FIVEHOE

Established Member
+1 on the wrap lol. Why waste that much money going true carbon fiber for something pointless like that

FIVEHOE

Established Member
You could even get that shit hydrodipped and people will never be able to tell it's vinyl. Just take apart the panels and google places that do it in your area, won't be expensive at all

[video=youtube;EmcdGmYexd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcdGmYexd8[/video]

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Honestly the wrap is a great option and because its the interior and I am sure you take care of your car you shouldn't have a issue with it. I did my last car with 3m wrap and never had a issue. Just don't try to do the side by the e-brake because its just too much of a negative curve. here are some pics.
IMG_0561_zps2e21854b.jpg

teaser.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

GS357

Established Member
That looks really nice with the wrap. I just dropped off the parts Monday to hydro dip. We'll see how that works out. There were a lot of Vette parts there that looked very nice.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Syclone it's vinyl. Nosscort that looks good. I was flipping out when I did mine hoping I didn't jack it up lol. It's actually pretty easy.

nosscort

Established Member
It's been about 3 years now that it's been on.. I need to add some heat and try and stretch some of the edges back. But I think I am going to try the 3m. I used some ebay vinyl so I am sure the quality is not as good as the 3m stuff.

syclone50

Established Member
Syclone it's vinyl. Nosscort that looks good. I was flipping out when I did mine hoping I didn't jack it up lol. It's actually pretty easy.

Thanks!
Do you mind telling me what kit you used. I was looking at the American muscle kit they sell for 99

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I did my with a roll from Ebay. I think it was like $17. From what I remember when I was checking out AM's kit, theirs is precut and leaves a little space around the edges. With the roll of carbon fiber tape, for lack of a better word, you can wrap it around the edges of the cupholder opening and cupholder top piece that flips over. The radio part is pretty easy and again you can wrap it around all those openings. It just takes time and patience and a good exacto knife. Like someone else mentioned, the hard part is the curve around the ebrake. I didn't have a heat gun to properly stretch it. I used my wife's hair dryer so it didn't come out great but nobody notices that cause it's more where only the driver sees it. Either way if try the ebay over the AM.

GS357

Established Member
Need help. The spring came off the cup holder door. Anybody have a picture of what this looks like installed. It the one with the ambient light switch installed on the cup holder door. Thanks.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I orderd my vinyl from auto vinyl solutions. I forget how much it took.
Rct851 the rings are plastic welded in. Just break the welds to remove them and either epoxy them back or do like I did and buy a cheap ass soldiering iron and melt the plastic welds back together.

Users who are viewing this thread