Interior and Tech Upgrades

cobra4548

So besides changing speakers or head units or adding LEDs, what other interior upgrades has everyone done? I’m thinking heated seats, add USBs, add interior lighting for night driving. But I need more ideas. I’m curious as to what you’ve done and add a pic of you have one. Ty

stangfreak

Established Member
would be cool to see what othrs have done. Mine is stock. I like the stock look. But back in 03 when I bought my cobra, all we cared about was what size pulley was better, catback, cold air, and making the car as fast as possible lol. Haven't seen many cobra owners deck out the car.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I have a voltage gauge in place of the cig light in the shifter bezel, Android radio unit with Torque Pro running for monitor critical gauges, led interior lights in place of regular bulbs, plan on seat heaters with factory looking switches, I swapped a Nissan Altima rear view mirror so I have homelink along with autodimming. That really covers it, not a lot of other things that are really modern that I want to do.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I swapped a Nissan Altima rear view mirror so I have homelink along with autodimming

interesting

I think a lot of the things you ruled out ruled out what most people do and the route to do some of the things you asked about. Theres no real way to use a USB port if you added one (other than strictly to charge a device). With an aftermarket head unit you get usable USB ports, blue tooth etc.

I like my 1 touch auto-down window modules
Ive seen people do leather and/or alcantara seats, shift boots, dash cover, steering wheel etc...

boost88

Established Member
Contemplating attempting to make an SVT or Cobra logo puddle light.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
interesting

I think a lot of the things you ruled out ruled out what most people do and the route to do some of the things you asked about. Theres no real way to use a USB port if you added one (other than strictly to charge a device). With an aftermarket head unit you get usable USB ports, blue tooth etc.

Ive seen people do leather and/or alcantara seats, shift boots, dash cover, steering wheel etc...
It's interesting, I don't have a 1 touch module but my window goes down with a double tap.

cobra4548

Where can you get the 1 touch auto down modules?

QUOTE="DSG2003Mach1, post: 16485182, member: 16477"]interesting

Ive seen people do leather and/or alcantara seats, shift boots, dash cover, steering wheel etc...[/QUOTE]

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
If I was DDing the car, this would be a must have. How hard of a swap was it?

Tap into a hot and ground (I ran the wires down the pillar) and that was it. Super simple. Autodimming requires no setup and the homelink is typical of any other car. Gentex 453 was the model rearview mirror I used and make sure if you get it used, it comes with the harness (wires snipped are fine, just make sure the harness comes with it.)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Tap into a hot and ground (I ran the wires down the pillar) and that was it. Super simple. Autodimming requires no setup and the homelink is typical of any other car. Gentex 453 was the model rearview mirror I used and make sure if you get it used, it comes with the harness (wires snipped are fine, just make sure the harness comes with it.)
Sweet. Did you use a standard windshield/mirror glue?

shurur

Established Member
Blue lit gauge cluster lights and AC lights.
New rear view mirror with compass and temp sensor.
Red Line shift boot and center console cover

Dual gauge cluster gauges; oil pressure and coolant temperature

panavise cell phone mount.

Sometimes sold as BMW1...
AutoLoc One Touch Window Controller Universal

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
I also have a saturn rearview mirror with temp and compass.
I have replaced the pull headlight switch that belongs in tractors with a turn knob switch from a ford focus(had to mold it in to the cluster bezel)
I also used to have a one touch down module for the pass window(I used to sell them here a few years ago) but now since I have an alarm/remote start, I pulled the old module out and installed one from Directed electronics that has one touch up/down for both windows. And because that module works in conjunction with the alarm, now I can open my windows with the alarm fob(really cool in the summer).
Original Ford/Homelink integrated in the sun visor.
I have all kinds of small mods inside and out.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I did the carbon driven door pulls, and shifter bezel, center console bezel and added a backup camera
IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2788.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I also have a saturn rearview mirror with temp and compass.
I have replaced the pull headlight switch that belongs in tractors with a turn knob switch from a ford focus(had to mold it in to the cluster bezel)
I also used to have a one touch down module for the pass window(I used to sell them here a few years ago) but now since I have an alarm/remote start, I pulled the old module out and installed one from Directed electronics that has one touch up/down for both windows. And because that module works in conjunction with the alarm, now I can open my windows with the alarm fob(really cool in the summer).
Original Ford/Homelink integrated in the sun visor.
I have all kinds of small mods inside and out.

Any pics of the mods?

Users who are viewing this thread