Interesting, GT-R Nissan, leave softer, avoid breakage ?

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Lowering the Launch rpm will help with the wheel hop issues the gtr has when launching at 4500 rpm.The tranny failures have been because of wheel hop. Id rather have it launching at 3000 rpm(or no lc) then 4500 rpm with the chance of more wheel hop.

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
When ever you drop at 4500 rpms your asking for trouble. Just part of the normal repair except for the price tag for the GT R nothing seems out of wack

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Let's see, my stock tranny and stock clutch took well over one hundred 6500 rpm launches on slicks (i.e. dead hook spraying off the line) with more than 430 ft lbs of torque. TR360>GT-R transaxle? I think so.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lol, i read about this earlier. i find it hilarious that not only is the LC being dropped for '10 models, but they're modifying unsold units and offering what amounts to a warranty repair to the sold ones. great job there Nissan

here's my opinion of what i read:

Dear owner of our $70k (pre markup) supercar,

We here at Nissan are taking precautionary measures in order to protect us, from you, our customer, in the event that you should experience a failure due to the use of a factory installed and advertised feature, resulting in the need for you to retaliate or take legal action.

And so, we leave you with two options:

1) Bring your Gtr to the dealership of purchase. Where our techs will reflash your computer, essentially erasing the programed launch control feature (which probrably led you to purchase the car in the first place). The result will be your 70k car being returned to you, slower than before, and unable to achieve desired 0-60 and 1/4ml times. (Be aware this may be the ONLY free work we perform on your car during your ownership)

or

2) Ignore this request. Continue to use your Gtr as advertised. But don't come crying to us when the transmission breaks and we **** slap you with a repair bill equal to the amount you payed in markup.

Buy from us again

**** you,
Nissan​
:lol:

Last edited:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
or example, one GT-R owner (who insists on anonymity) says that Nissan installed a new transaxle in his car after it failed following several hard VDC-off launches. He also says that as a condition of getting his replacement transmission,b he had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, promising not to talk about the circumstances under which his car was repaired. So far Nissan hasn't commented on the existence or non-existence of such non-disclosure agreements.

Nissan is apparently within its rights to deny warranty coverage to any GT-R that regularly operates with the VDC off. And it seems, at least so far, that Nissan has considered GT-R warranty claims on a case-by-case basis. What it will do going forward — particularly for cars with owners who refuse the software change — is open to speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread