Interest on a GB for Gord's Heat Exchanger

Cabbage

Established Member
I bought and installed one 2yrs ago. They're a very nice quality piece. And huge compared to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabbage

Established Member
cf66bafa5e6c419e62c86f52fe018e51.jpg

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
Received a prompt reply from Gordon on Tuesday. Due to the extreme cold weather in Canada, my H/E could not have the stencil paint applied at the moment as it will not fully cure. Therefore, I'll just have to wait a bit longer until the weather warms up.

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
cf66bafa5e6c419e62c86f52fe018e51.jpg

Definitely looks like a larger unit compared to the Stock H/E! Reason I went with the Gord's H/E is to have the lower bumper opening completely filled in rather than have small empty areas on the left side and right side of the H/E such as AFCO, LFP, and Fluidyne provide.

TP03

Established Member
Received a prompt reply from Gordon on Tuesday. Due to the extreme cold weather in Canada, my H/E could not have the stencil paint applied at the moment as it will not fully cure. Therefore, I'll just have to wait a bit longer until the weather warms up.

Okay that makes sense why i got mine so quickly...no stencil here. Debated back and forth though.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Hey Guys, So I have set up a Group Buy once again with Gordon for the Gord's Heat Exchanger,
Please express your interest, I will posting all the details later today, He now makes a new even bigger unit, there's 3 options available.

Attachments

• DSGCOBRA2crop.jpg
    DSGCOBRA2crop.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Black HE and Black Screen CIMG0436.jpg
    Black HE and Black Screen CIMG0436.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 283
  • GordsFord_H_E data sheetwithPhotos Rev6.pdf
    418.4 KB · Views: 343

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
thanks for your inquiry regarding us doing a SVTP discounted group buy for our 03/04 Cobra heat exchanger units. Further to my last reply, some information on size comparisons, options and pricing follow and some data sheets and photo’s are attached.

We presently produce 3 different HE size options and cost levels for the 03/04 Cobra which I will call Options A, B and C. This range covers all uses from stock, easy cruisers to hard core drag racing and road course track day use.

Our 03/04 Cobra HE units are still the best on the market. We have produced over 700 HE units for the 03/04 Cobra’s since 2003. Our customers consider that our heat exchanger units are the largest, best appearance and best performing of those available for the 03/04 Cobra's. Our core frontal area and core volume of our standard unit (Option A) is 17% larger than the AFCO Pro, 24% larger than the LFP and over 30% larger than the Fluidyne. Also the AFCO, LFP and Fluidyne units top and bottom caps fully cover half of the adjacent cooling fins and thus the top and bottom (4 tubes out of 24 in the AFCO and LFP) run hot. Our top and bottom tube fins are not 1/2 shrouded like the competitors. Our end tanks are also larger which adds coolant volume and also helps to distribute and even the flow through all of the tubes.

The heat exchangers mount into the stock 03/04 Cobra factory mounts with the supplied spacers and retain the stock lower protection bar also. There is no cutting or drilling into the car required. All hardware supplied with the kit is stainless steel. The HE also retains sufficient space at each end to enable the installation of brake cooling ducts from the front bumper cover openings.

All heat exchanger units are normally supplied with ¾ “ OD inlet and outlet pipes but we can do larger custom sizes or double inlets and outlets if desired.

I will do the group buy with pricing held until April 22nd as follows:

Option A

- Our standard 03 Cobra heat exchanger unit for US $370.00 each including shipping.

- If 2 or more units are shipped together to the same shipping address they will be US $360.00 each including shipping

Other options include:

- Cobra or SVT logo or black paint $20.00

- Fan Ready modifications to HE frame 25.00

- Twin SPAL fans mounted plus complete kit 235.00 mounted on the Fan Ready HE and with SPAL wiring harness, relay, switch and all in car wiring and hardware included. No extra cost for shipping.

- Protective screen $125.00 in natural stainless steel mesh with aluminum frame, or with Black powder coating $145.00.

All quoted costs are in US dollars. Payment can be made directly by PayPal to my PayPal “Recipients email address”: [email protected]

Option B

We now make a HE unit that fits into the 03/04 cobra mounting frame with our included spacers and hardware that is another 7% larger than our standard unit. The additional cost for this unit is $25.00 and other options are the same cost as for the standard units. This is the best choice available on the market for high boost, high HP engines and for hard core drag racing and road course track days, or half mile or mile high speed events.

Option C

We also make a smaller HE unit that has a 9% smaller core face area and volume than our Option A standard unit that we have produced since 2003. The unit has one less row of tubes but is the same length overall and the same core length and thickness as the Option A and B units but is not as high top to bottom. This unit still has 8% larger core face area and volume that the AFCO pro units. This HE unit is $340.00 including shipping and the option costs are the same as for the standard unit.

All quoted costs are in US dollars. Payment can be made directly by PayPal to my PayPal “Recipients email address”: [email protected]

All interested customers should contact me directly at email address [email protected] or by telephone at 604 649 3533.

srdigital

Established Member
how does option B compare to a gt500 h/e in terms of surface area?

the understood difference being yours doesn't require changing of the crash bar etc.

thanks

Talleywacker

Established Member
I may be interested. My cobra has the fluidyne unit and I want the best for when I do my teksid/4.0 build I'll need it. It's an open track dedicated car.

To confirm I want option B, with fans and black protector screen. Whats the total price again

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I may be interested. My cobra has the fluidyne unit and I want the best for when I do my teksid/4.0 build I'll need it. It's an open track dedicated car.

To confirm I want option B, with fans and black protector screen. Whats the total price again

Your welcome to shoot him a email and post here, I know the last group buy there was only option A and the smaller option C, in the pass most guy have bought the standard size which does cover the full fascia of the opening without any end tanks being visible.

808Matt

Established Member
Just e-mailed him about some questions I have, but definitely interested in one of these set-ups. Most likely option b with dual fans

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stangfreak

Established Member
I bought gords heat exchanger when he first brought them into production and still have it. quality piece.

Users who are viewing this thread