Interest Free Loan? One Dealer Collecting millions in Deposits for 2023 Z06's - over 4500 on wait list

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So it's basically an ordering lottery. $4500 deposit gets you a chance on an order. Beyond dumb! Really!!

einehund

Established Member
So it's basically an ordering lottery. $4500 deposit gets you a chance on an order. Beyond dumb! Really!!
That is how the Overseas Military Car Program works for high end/top model cars. I had to put down a $500 deposit to put my name in the drawing for the right to buy my GT500. 55 people applied, 5 European export cars in my car's model year. Obviously if you don't get picked you get your money back. This process was for all SVT and SRT models.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is how the Overseas Military Car Program works for high end/top model cars. I had to put down a $500 deposit to put my name in the drawing for the right to buy my GT500. 55 people applied, 5 European export cars in my car's model year. Obviously if you don't get picked you get your money back. This process was for all SVT and SRT models.
Oh, I know that the Overseas Military Car Program does this. I once ordered a car through them. I'm just saying that this dealer is treating it like a deposit lottery where there's a lucky winner who gets to place the order. People have to be really stupid to give any dealer a $4500 deposit knowing full well that there are going to be lots of others placing the same $4500 deposit for the same order.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s how I “won” the chance to buy my ‘13 GT500.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
The deposits are refundable. I'm a number less than 200 at Ciocca. Anyone 1000 or higher would be dumb to not ask for their money back.

ETA: I'm not watching the video but if he's talking about Ciocca the deposit was $2k up front, they emailed you your number and asked for an additional $3k. All refundable. When you place your order the deposit is 10% of sticker and becomes nonrefundable. My dad was number 3000+. He already got his $2k back.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The deposits are refundable. I'm a number less than 200 at Ciocca. Anyone 1000 or higher would be dumb to not ask for their money back.

ETA: I'm not watching the video but if he's talking about Ciocca the deposit was $2k up front, they emailed you your number and asked for an additional $3k. All refundable. When you place your order the deposit is 10% of sticker and becomes nonrefundable. My dad was number 3000+. He already got his $2k back.
How many years do you think it'll take for you to get yours?

Sent from my Potato

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
How many years do you think it'll take for you to get yours?

Sent from my Potato

At that dealer it's reasonable to assume a year 1 allocation with my number, assuming we can get back to regular production, chip shortage resolved, etc. If not, it's definitely a year 2 allocation. In past years they got in the neighborhood of 250 Z06 cars per year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is another thread detailing a lottery on a super rare 2022 Heritage Edition GT-500. At least with this one you get your deposit back if you aren't selected to get the order placement. LOL. I remember reading that they need to collect $200K.

PIPO

Established Member
Ciocca is selling at MSRP, if I remember correctly. You had people wiring money, in person that arrived the night before and some even flew there. The people that wired the money got the upper hand....from what I read on the FB page.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Guys listen to this one.... my client ordered (reserved a spot) a 3LT C8 convertible almost 2 years ago at our local dealership. He was told of course it would be about 8-10 months.... well we all know what happened since then. In April 21 he received a call to order his car. Color/options ect. Was told it would be another 2-3 months at most. Then in June he got a call from the dealer letting him know it was going to be another 8-10 month due to Covid and the chip shortage. He was understanding. About three weeks later, a friend of his was at the dealership and saw what looked like his car being off loaded from a truck and called him to let him know. My client then called the dealer with excitement only to find out "Its not your car but a dealership inventory car" Two days later he goes to the dealer and in the showroom the C8 sits. An exact duplicate of the car he ordered. With a $35k market availability mark up. He makes his claim to the car and the dealer says no, not yours but you can buy it for $25k over. We will honor your order at msrp when your number comes up. My client didnt get an allocation or order number or anything... so he just waits.... I think we all know that was his car and the dealer knew it was worth more then the MSRP deal it was ordered at...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guys listen to this one.... my client ordered (reserved a spot) a 3LT C8 convertible almost 2 years ago at our local dealership. He was told of course it would be about 8-10 months.... well we all know what happened since then. In April 21 he received a call to order his car. Color/options ect. Was told it would be another 2-3 months at most. Then in June he got a call from the dealer letting him know it was going to be another 8-10 month due to Covid and the chip shortage. He was understanding. About three weeks later, a friend of his was at the dealership and saw what looked like his car being off loaded from a truck and called him to let him know. My client then called the dealer with excitement only to find out "Its not your car but a dealership inventory car" Two days later he goes to the dealer and in the showroom the C8 sits. An exact duplicate of the car he ordered. With a $35k market availability mark up. He makes his claim to the car and the dealer says no, not yours but you can buy it for $25k over. We will honor your order at msrp when your number comes up. My client didnt get an allocation or order number or anything... so he just waits.... I think we all know that was his car and the dealer knew it was worth more then the MSRP deal it was ordered at...
At any point did he receive a VIN to compare?

Sent from my Potato

Users who are viewing this thread