Intercooler Leak

railroad

Established Member
Well, after installing my triple pass heat exchanger and fans, I have been adding water, hoping it was purging air out of the system. Went to an early car show this morning and reservoir was at the full mark. 35 miles to the show, raise the hood the the reservoir is below the add mark. I guess that eliminates air pockets. I will have to try and find the paper work on how to remove the front end to check for leaks. I might be able to pressure check it first and see if it is something I can get to without pulling the bumper. I think it was an AFCO unit. I know I did not buy from Revan, due to the price difference. Might have to pay up now. Any experienced advice from the same issue is welcome.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Find your intercooler pump relay and pull it and jump the pump so the pump will run with the engine off, while it's running you can inspect for any leaks that might be there.

Snoopy49

Established Member
BATTERY JUNCTION BOX CAC.jpg
2013-14 Charge Air Cooler Wiring Diagram.jpg

railroad

Established Member
After noticing the i/c level below the add line, I drove home and checked it again. It did not lose anymore. After letting it sit, the level was stable. I was thinking the heat and expansion pressure was probably pushing it out. I guess back pressure of the pump could be the culprit. I will give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread