Inter cooler relay bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
This thread is tio show you how to have your intercooler pump run with your truck off. Mainly to be used at the track between runs to help cool off your intercooler coolant.

First locate the fuse box under your hood. It is located on the drivers side between the brake booster and the fender.
main.php

Second you have to pull the fuse box up and you do this by pressing down five plastic tabs along the side of the fuse box. Next you have to remove the bottom cover of the fuse box. you do this by depressing five plastic tabs and pulling the bottom cover completely off.
main.php

Third locate the two wires that you need to splice into. They are a solid tanish colored wire and an orange wire with a whitish yellow stripe. Using platic wire taps tap into each wire and then run the new wire into the cab. I used the gromet where the vacum line goes into the cab right next to the brake booster.
main.php

Forth find a place where you want ot mount your switch. I mounted mine down by the E brake so it is not very noticable. Pick out a switch with some kind of light so you can tell when your pump is running so you don't forget that it is on.
main.php

main.php

Fifth hook up all of your wires. By using a 12v light figure out whitch wire is the power feed wire and hook that up to the power side of the switch, then hook up the other wire from the fuse box to the other side of the switch and finally if you bought a switch with a light in it hook up the third wire to a ground I used the metal bracket next to the parking brake as shown in the pic.
main.php

Hope this explanes everything clearly. I purchased all of the parts needed at radio shack and had some spare wire in my garage. Any wire should work for this project. The grand total for everything was about $5.00 not including the wire. This is a very easy mod. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread