Intakes

ViciousJay

Established Member
Well it looks like Steeda and C&L put some nice products out but seriously 400 for an intake is a joke, i was looking at my engine bay last night and was thinking if i saw off the intake box and just stick a cone filter on the end with maybe some insulation between the tube and filter and a clamp do you think we could get similar numbers to those other products but with saving 3/4 of the cost?

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
No!!! the maf sensor is in that tube if you cut it down it may change air across the maf. If you take a lightning maf too filter adapter and fit that to the end by cutting the box off the end and bolt it on it may work. what you are not taking in to consideration is the Steeda kit comes with a bigger maf that we payed a lot for in the passed and you will need a tune with Steeda kit but it was worth it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
No!!! the maf sensor is in that tube if you cut it down it may change air across the maf. If you take a lightning maf too filter adapter and fit that to the end by cutting the box off the end and bolt it on it may work. what you are not taking in to consideration is the Steeda kit comes with a bigger maf that we payed a lot for in the passed and you will need a tune with Steeda kit but it was worth it.

i was cutting it after the maf

bssmith1220

Established Member
I'm always sketchy about modding something myself...I figure a decent amount of research goes into people like steeda's products so I just suck it up and pay to play.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Look in you air box it's like a velocity tack i don't think you want to cut it off.

yea i was looking at it more, i pulled everything apart and saw it wont work to my liking, but i will find a way to get around spending 400 and still achieve the same results

351inside

Established Member
with a tune, most shops are only getting around 6-10 horsepower with intakes as oppose to no intake...

DIB5.0

Established Member
I read Brenspeed gained 15rwhp with a Steeda. Was making 390 rwhp with CAI and tune only.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
sorry but i believe the pick up is coming from the tune i have seen a few do 400 rwhp already with just a tune. Call and ask UPR (400rwhp tune only)or Livernois (415rwhp Tune only). fastlane in NC just tuned there first and did 393rwhp....all three are stock with a tune

Last edited:

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
My car stock made 369rwhp with tune same day made 374rwhp with a 112 miles on car. Put cai on and off road X pipe on same dyno 8 days later 406rwhp 800 miles on car. now I'm in jax FL very hot and very muggy both times it was high 90's at the dyno. so if they have a car with more miles and better air you may see better #'s with just tune.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
mine made 371 corrected, 387 uncorrected, bone stock with dealer installed 87 octaine with 28 miles on it. on very first pull
did a light tune, just 5 degrees global timming and it made 391 would have made more but that 87 was making the comp pull timming at the top, made 20hp across the rpm range, but started dropping off at 5500

im ordering a cai, a catback and off road x, monday
ill redyno it when i go to put everything on, before, and then after, and see, may do it in stages, just to see what each part makes. of course it will depend on the time i have, and how many coustomer cars we have dynoing that day

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
When you decide to get one, get a properly engineered one from a reputable company, you cheap bugger lol.

haha im sorry but seriously NO INTAKE should be more then 150. Theres no need for a maf yet, unless a rep tuner can explain why we would need one for just a catback, tune, and intake.

351inside

Established Member
i gain a lot more like 18-20rwhp

Thats great man, i was refereeing more of the results that people got with same day swaps. Regardless im not taking anything away from the intakes, im still going to order one, just dont know which one yet...

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Thats great man, i was refereeing more of the results that people got with same day swaps. Regardless im not taking anything away from the intakes, im still going to order one, just dont know which one yet...

Do the steeda imo the craftsmanship is class A fit very well.

Users who are viewing this thread