intake ..

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
I bought a 10 dollar mass airflow adapter for a 4" filter on Summit. Went to auto parts store and bought a 10" or 12" long Spectra filter... Looks good, didn't break the bank. I doubt it would make much of a difference on a dyno between a intake bought online or my setup. Now a cai in the fender will yield a difference because of the IAT's being lower. Save the $260.00 for the intake and get a tuner from american muscle or something... My .02 cents.

Last edited:

4valved

Banned
BBk sucks imo i dont buy anything from them anymore there products to me are garbo, but if you like it then buy it its all in your opinion.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
...but you can spend a lotta money on something that adds no power.

Not sure if you're referring to my JLT, but I have a dyno sheet that shows a peak 10rwhp gain, and a 16rwhp gain @ 6000 rpm. Before and after going from a stock airbox to their new cold air, filter in fender, intake.

302246_2388990236644_828389451_n.jpg

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Not sure if you're referring to my JLT, but I have a dyno sheet that shows a peak 10rwhp gain, and a 16rwhp gain @ 6000 rpm. Before and after going from a stock airbox to their new cold air, filter in fender, intake.

I see that both runs on your graph were made on the same day, however the higher hp run was made at 2:32pm, prior to the lower hp curve's pull which was made at 2:48pm. Why is that? Did you remove the JLT and reinstall the stock tube? I'd like to see the a/f graph and the ignition timing of both of those runs...something is fishy.

I have never seen a JLT CAI or RAI add power on a combo that is tuned. I've installed them on my cars and I've seen the results on the dyno, and if the car was tuned prior to the mod an none of the cars gained power.

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I didn't have my stock air box on the car when I dropped it off at JLT (it was a BBK that was on the car when I bought it), so they put the new JLT on first and ran it, then swapped on a stock air box assembly that Jay sourced locally and ran that next. I got the JLT for free because they were using my car for fitment checks, pictures, and the dyno comparisons. The shop that the dyno was done at is right across the street from what used to be the JLT shop until they moved earlier this year.

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
I didn't have my stock air box on the car when I dropped it off at JLT (it was a BBK that was on the car when I bought it), so they put the new JLT on first and ran it, then swapped on a stock air box assembly that Jay sourced locally and ran that next. I got the JLT for free because they were using my car for fitment checks, pictures, and the dyno comparisons. The shop that the dyno was done at is right across the street from what used to be the JLT shop until they moved earlier this year.

Well this explains it... JLT isn't gonna install there own product and run it on the dyno without insuring they have good results....

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I didn't have my stock air box on the car when I dropped it off at JLT
Ah, so those are numbers made by JLT...now I understand. "Real World" numbers are much different. Seriously, I've had JLT RAIs/CAIs, installed them for others and the results were far less impressive than what they claim.

I went from a stock tube with a K&N to the JLT and gained 0rwhp.

The stock intake tube is a CAI and flows more than the stock MAF and TB so why would a larger tube add power? It won't until the engine requires more air than the stock tube can provide...it simple physics.

Well this explains it... JLT isn't gonna install there own product and run it on the dyno without insuring they have good results....
:rockon:

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I don't see how going from JLT to stock, or stock to JLT, is going to make a difference?

I totally agree! It won't. Like I said, I would like to see the a/f and ignition timing on both runs.

What I'm saying is that the JLT looks great but adds no power. I was told this years ago by the guys at Modular Depot and experienced it myself over the last few years.

Last edited:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I know this isn't very scientific but I raced my buddies auto ls1 TA from a roll when my car was bone stock and we would be dead even. The very next day we raced again after I installed my cold air and I pulled on him this time. Each day was at least 3 races with the same outcome. I think it makes a difference and OP I have a mineral gray JLT RAI that I'll sell you cheap. Works fine but I had to take it off when I did my eaton swap.

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
I know this isn't very scientific but I raced my buddies auto ls1 TA from a roll when my car was bone stock and we would be dead even. The very next day we raced again after I installed my cold air and I pulled on him this time. Each day was at least 3 races with the same outcome. I think it makes a difference and OP I have a mineral gray JLT RAI that I'll sell you cheap. Works fine but I had to take it off when I did my eaton swap.

LIAR!! LSjauns don't lose...

Users who are viewing this thread