Intake ?

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Hey guys need to know what people r running and what are the best gains for the money people r seeing from lower-upper intake. Thanx:shrug:

racewithsnails

Established Member
it really depends on your current combination. Are you looking for low end torque or top end power? For top end you want an intake with shorter runner lengths. For low end torque you want longer runners. I have had good results with the edelbrock RPMII. Whatever your current cylinder head and cam combination are what will determine what intake your engine will like best.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
If you dont have better heads on it then a intake is a waste of time.

Thanx for the time guys, so you would recommend buying heads before a intake is what im getting. now another ? what type of heads do yall recommend i just want power # dont care about low or top end just want the best hp/tq#.. Thanx:banana:

4valvemach

Established Member
How many miles are on the motor you have now if its well over a 100k then a new short block or rebuild is a good idea.

You can do a top end kit from holley,Trick Flow and Edelbrock cost about $2500.00 comes with upper & lower intake,heads,cam,bolts etc etc

You can also do it part by part
A pair of heads around $1000.00 with 1.90" intake valve on stock pistons
upper/lower intake $350-$700
cam (some people like the FORD LETTER cams some like others)

A pair of Edelbrock Performer 5.0 heads would be a nice start IMO

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
How many miles are on the motor you have now if its well over a 100k then a new short block or rebuild is a good idea.

You can do a top end kit from holley,Trick Flow and Edelbrock cost about $2500.00 comes with upper & lower intake,heads,cam,bolts etc etc

You can also do it part by part
A pair of heads around $1000.00 with 1.90" intake valve on stock pistons
upper/lower intake $350-$700
cam (some people like the FORD LETTER cams some like others)

A pair of Edelbrock Performer 5.0 heads would be a nice start IMO

Part of me say rebuild and part of me says get power, far as mileage im not really shure just bought the car about 2 weeks ago and far as i can tell the motor runs strong and seems to be holding up quite well. it is kinda funny cause got reed of my Sn95 cobra for a 5.0 and not disapponited. :banana:

Svt KC

Established Member
Hey guys need to know what people r running and what are the best gains for the money people r seeing from lower-upper intake. Thanx:shrug:

Whats your combo now? You can look into getting a ported TMOSS GT-40 intake, cheaper than a new intake.

Users who are viewing this thread