Intake Mod

Scott222

Established Member
Looking for the best intakes for a 2002 SVT Focus and where to purchase, the car will be road raced and the battery is already in the hatch. Pics would also help Any Ideas.

Steve@Tasca

The stock airbox and snorkel setup actually works quite well with nothing more than a K&N drop in panel filter, a cold air offers very little gain beyond that.

Best mods for an N/A SVT are a good tune, ORP or hi-flow cat and either a ported stock throttle body or aftermarket throttle body. The throttle body is more of a response mod though, makes the car nicer to drive but really provides no power increase.

Steve

SVTFocus Noob

Established Member
The Stock SVTF intake is THE BEST INTAKE you can get. still running it at 22psi turbo set up. Like Steve said that's really the best you can do for NA SVTF. I'd get a Steeda STS, do Trubenz for exhaust, CFM 67MM TB, a CFM ORP and I myself did the AEM CAI worked awesome and gave it a whole new sound. But as far as power I have no idea never dyno'd it or anything so I can't argue it gains you more power, but I can argue it sounds better that stock and is def colder air intake temps. Then once you're all set on mods go to Tom @ Focus-Power for a tune.

Jake

Users who are viewing this thread