INTAKE HELP !!

m8trix00

Established Member
I own a 1997 mustang GT , my intake manifold, cracked the other day right behind the alternator. Why in the &*% they have a plastic manifold I dont know... well anyway. Steeda sells the high performance manifold but its a bit pricey.

Does anyone know of any recalls on this and also does anyone know of any other high perfromance intakes for the 4.6 in those years. I did a search on the web I see this is a common problem in 4.6 engines in general. I wrote FORD I am waiting on a reply!!

Thought of trading in the mustang and getting a newer saleen, but I have heard horror stories with the Saleens.

Please help my car is down and out. Thanks for any help

:gt:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The plastic was used to help keep heat, weight, and costs down. The SVO intake is high. It is a better unit than the bullit, it also costs more. I'd just buy a stock unit and replace it if you are not sure about keping the car.

m8trix00

Established Member
Thanks for all the help, for anybody else who has the same problem, get online find the service call number for it and call FORD and your ford dealer. They are going to replace the intake.
I just drove a saleen the other day that had a Vortech with the same plastic intake. It seems to handle it fine.
thanks again

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
well i seem a little late but FRPP has a couple of aluminum intakes

Users who are viewing this thread