Intake cleaning???

kansas sho

Established Member
I have a 1994 SHO with 141k auto that i have had for about 7 or 8 years. I know the history of the car and it runs good and has a few things done to it. A friend of mine has an svt contour and told me about taking the intake off and clean it out and he did it on his' car and made a hell of a difference. I was just wandering if anybody had heard of doing this to a SHO?:shrug:

Mika

Established Member
I had a coolant leak by the firewall on my '92, so when I took the intake off, I took a crapload of throttle body cleaner to the intake. I used at least 3 or 4 8 oz. cans of throttle body cleaner. All kinds of carbon build up. It was disgusting. Worse than chaw. It should help out with your throttle response(should become more crisp). When you go to the parts store, see if you can find a harder bristled brush(toothbrush style, if possible) and spray the intake runners and try to scrape off as much crap as possible.

Mika

kansas sho

Established Member
Mika said:
I had a coolant leak by the firewall on my '92, so when I took the intake off, I took a crapload of throttle body cleaner to the intake. I used at least 3 or 4 8 oz. cans of throttle body cleaner. All kinds of carbon build up. It was disgusting. Worse than chaw. It should help out with your throttle response(should become more crisp). When you go to the parts store, see if you can find a harder bristled brush(toothbrush style, if possible) and spray the intake runners and try to scrape off as much crap as possible.

Mika
thank you!

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
yeah, had to make mine off on my 94 atx to replace the EGR sensor,
just get a large enough containor to set it in and fill it with some kind of cleaner, and should work great

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
I worded it bad.
My check engine light was on, and i heard on the ATX alot of carbon gets built up in the EGR area, so i just removed the whole thing and cleaned it out.
My bad

Users who are viewing this thread