Intake Cam change only Dyno Results:

Shaun@AED

My question is if those cams could be sold at a price lower than Comp's, and still turn a profit on the 44K investment. I could probably cough up all 44K if this Army gig wasn't holding me back lol. Two more years!

Likely they would cost ~1/2 the price of Comp cams as I was only looking at doing the intake cams (2 per engine), but the goal was to be more competitive with pricing closer to the FRPP 11MM 290 cams, but the cost made it impossible without buying in MUCH larger quantities.

rustang1

Established Member
Likely they would cost ~1/2 the price of Comp cams as I was only looking at doing the intake cams (2 per engine), but the goal was to be more competitive with pricing closer to the FRPP 11MM 290 cams, but the cost made it impossible without buying in MUCH larger quantities.

If you could get 25-30HP increase from a GT engine, I bet the market would pay considerably more than the 290 exh cams $200 retail price.

If you guys are interested, we could try to get a GP started here on SVTP.

count me in.

BMR Tech

Great post Shaun.

It's no coincidence that the earlier C headed 4V engines responded similarly with more intake cam duration. A 1999-2004 4.6 dohc engine gains 20rwhp by adding 18-20~degrees duration.

I've been wondering when someone would make intake only cams for the Coyote. For now it seems like the best path is to just have Bullet Racing do a minor regrind to add some duration.

101blur

Established Member
Awesome work and great post Shaun now show me a intake cam swap for my GT that will net gains like this for my car and I'm down..

RaceFuel302

Established Member
So..toss this out there...

If you were to add *just* the intake cams from the Comp Stg 3 set..no phaser lockout...but kept the stock exhaust cams, what kind of effect would this have when tuned properly? Would it essentially eliminate the dreaded mid-range losses while providing a healthy gain?

Of course the downside is spending $750 a cam basically since you wouldn't be using the exhaust cams.

red13

Established Member
I was looking at that. But in my opinion, that cam would not really compliment the exhaust cam.
Me personally I'm looking for a comparable cam to the babyCJ to match a babyCJ exhaust.
I'm in for a group buy.

Shaun@AED

So..toss this out there...

If you were to add *just* the intake cams from the Comp Stg 3 set..no phaser lockout...but kept the stock exhaust cams, what kind of effect would this have when tuned properly? Would it essentially eliminate the dreaded mid-range losses while providing a healthy gain?

Of course the downside is spending $750 a cam basically since you wouldn't be using the exhaust cams.

That should net Upper RPM power without costing any power in the mid/low end.
It is advisable to have a free flowing exhaust system.

xunantunich

Established Member
I installed these with a set of shortys and offroad xpipe .. car is running 15% rich long term fuel trims .85 on E85 .. TUNER hasnt been able to solve it .. they have had me reload the tune 3 times.. the car learns the same fuel trim everytime and runs rich.. anyone else have this problem?

xunantunich

Established Member
I installed L&M intake cams only , i just realized this thread is not about those cams tho.. so bad post.. ya im suppose to have a real tuner.. but maybe they are using me for practice .. the way doctors do.. Im waiting to here back from them today... I installed intake only cams from L&M and been running 15% rich ever since .. been on e85 .. only change was headers and cams. Didnt have this problem before..

scotmach

Established Member
I installed L&M intake cams only , i just realized this thread is not about those cams tho.. so bad post.. ya im suppose to have a real tuner.. but maybe they are using me for practice .. the way doctors do.. Im waiting to hear back from them today... I installed intake only cams from L&M and been running 15% rich ever since .. been on e85 .. only change was headers and cams. Didnt have this problem before..
Fived it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread