insurance ??

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
ok lets say i have a highly modded 96 mustang with about 37k in aftermarket stuff on it.

and someone pulls in front of me, i hit them, and total the car.
what will i get out of the their insurance for my car?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Unless you have insured your parts, the book value for a 99 Cobra probably.

Ironhand

Banned
You must insure your aftermarket parts and your monthly payment will also go up because the overall value will increase. Not sure if there is a limit or not to what you can say how much stuff costs..

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
thats exactly what i thought, just wanted to see what other people thought.

the reason i ask is i know someone that has a 7 sec 96 mustang, he didnt even have full coverage on it,on his end.
some old lady pulled in front of him the other day, totaling his car and hers. ticket says it was her fault. but now he thinks he is going to get a check for 45k.
i was thinking he was gonna get a check for 6-7k or what ever a 96 gt book value is at, and he is going to loose his ass on all his mods, i didnt want to argue with him, or kick him while he is down either.....so i started a thread:)

Last edited:

Vigilante

Established Member
Unless he insured it for an agreed value, it'll be worth the lowest someone paid recently for the same car.

On top of that, since its the other persons fault, their insurance company will give you hell for trying to get more money. Only classic car insurance companies will insure for an agreed value reasonably I believe.

Ironhand

Banned
He should try to buy back the car and pull whatever he can off the car. If he has that much into it then he will make more money then the price of buying the car back.

Users who are viewing this thread