Insurance Parts

cgbills

Established Member
I have spent a lot of money on my engine build. It seems there are a lot of little things/parts that are not necessary to be done but are good for insurance. So far I have coated pistons, coated bearings, high volume oil pump, ARP bolts all around and Cometic MLS head gaskets. I have not done a whole lot with windage and oil return other than the oil pump. Livernois offers a Modular engine drain back kit; do you think this would be good to have? I have plans for the head cooling mod as well. Can anyone recommend any other parts that they would see as good insurance to put on a TT Cobra?

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
With the oil drainback kit, you take an already small hole for oil drainback and stick a piece of pipe in it to make it smaller. Higher volume oil pump + smaller drainback holes = well, you decide.

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
With the oil drainback kit, you take an already small hole for oil drainback and stick a piece of pipe in it to make it smaller. Higher volume oil pump + smaller drainback holes = well, you decide.

Actually, the speed of drainback has very little to do with the holes, and MUCH more to do with the location of them. Remember the reason the drainbacks were designed was because crank windage was pushing the oil back up towards the head. The drainbacks move the exit point below a position that crank windage can do this. This is what makes the drainbacks work, and a positive thing.

Users who are viewing this thread