Installing UPR GLO gauges

CobraKalas

Established Member
I have installed a set of overlays into my factory gauge set and the last things I need to do are connect to a ground and a 12v source, where can i splice the positive wire into the factory gauge harnesses so that they light up by pulling out the headlight knob?

Will take pictures if necessary

BlueVenom01

Established Member
I have installed a set of overlays into my factory gauge set and the last things I need to do are connect to a ground and a 12v source, where can i splice the positive wire into the factory gauge harnesses so that they light up by pulling out the headlight knob?

Will take pictures if necessary

I believe it's the wire that's blue with the red stripe. I think that is your dimmer wire.

Can anyone else confirm this?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
do not use the factory dimmer wire, i will burn up the factory dimmer switch! the gauges should have come with their own dimmer switch, you need to wire this to your light output for your corner lights. you will have a switched power source and you will set the gauges brightness by the provided dimmer switch.

CobraKalas

Established Member
There are 2 buttons provided with the guage set, a change color button and a dimmer button. Is there anything near the dash that I can hook the pos and ground to instead of having the wires extended to the headlight corner bulbs?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
i would certainly hate to steer you into the wrong direction for telling you the wrong color...there is a wire that comes out of the stitch, but when you test it, will show 12v+ when you pull the knob. Just make sure this doesnt change when you dim the interior lights as well. There is a dimmer wire that will change voltage when you turn the knob, and a 12v switched wire that goes to the marker output that will remain 12v.

you can also tap in under the dash in the main harness.. i would have to try and track down a tech sheet for the car again to get the wire color and location though.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
well dave, had you put easier to read car info in your profile i could pull the tech sheet now...

either way the wire will be a brown wire.. you can tap on at the switch or in the drivers kick panel if you want to.

CobraKalas

Established Member
I just took a look and I think im going to wire it up to the foglight switch behind the cupholders, I always have my fogs on anyways so they would turn on when the first knotch of the knob is pulled. just gotta take apart the console.. any suggestions/advice?

Ive taken the harness off of the bottom of the foglight switch and there are 4 wires coming out of the harness

1 thick green wire
1 thin green wire
1 white with black striped wire
1 light blue with red striped wire

anyone know which is pos and which is ground? I don't have a tester

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
if you wire it to the fog lights your gauges will go off when you flash your lights or run your high beams...

seriously, just use the brown wire on the back of the light switch. just test it to make sure the voltage doesnt change when you turn the knob and you'll be set.

the is the same wire we use when hooking up an alarm in a car for the light flash wire.

CobraKalas

Established Member
upr does not but i read some old threads and i BELIEVE Venomous was dishing em out by the boatload for $10 for a sheet of 50 or somethin yea?

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I have these (Zack you saw them the other night). I hooked them right up to the headlight dimmer switch. Running them for a year now with no problems. Hook the red wire up to the white and blue striped wire on the headlight switch and ground the black wire on to one of the screws by the fuse box...They are on only when the switch is turned on for the heads/fogs. I have been running this along with my a pillar gauges for a while with no problems.They change 5 different colors. I love them, one of my favorite mods. Here are some pics

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3756.gif

IMG_3757.gif

IMG_3758.gif

IMG_3759.gif

Users who are viewing this thread