Installing the REAR Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines, ?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys,
Installing the REAR Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines and I'm not sure if I have an issue or not.
It seems that the top of the new stainless line near the banjo end is touching the underside of the control arm. I have tried adjusting the provided rubber brackets and it's still barely touching.
Is this a problem? ( the suspension is unloaded so I'm not sure if that's why I'm having the problem)
Do I have the rubber bracket positioned correctly?

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Joe

ac8bcd0b-8f30-4ec9-9217-b65fb39bcaa5.jpg

c778e04e-6f87-4819-b462-60f6bced1f23.jpg

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Don't let it rub anywhere! You'll rub through the bracket and most notably the hose. Not sure why your's is setting up like that but you can put a rubber hose as a sheath around it.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Thanks for the input.
I played around with it today and flipped the rubber clamp on the brake hose to face the other direction in the picture. This helped with the clearance.

Wondering if any others have installed this kit for the rear?
...it seams that the steel brake line threaded bolt only threads a few threads into the new russell hose unlike the stock that threaded much deeper into the stock rubber line.

TRBO VNM

Check on MM's site. I think they use Russell lines and the instructions are great. That bracket on the upper arm is wrong in your pic. They should not rub anywhere.

In regards to your pm, I don't recall and I should since I just installed a set a few weeks ago. But what I would do is grab the hard line and see if it feels like it seating into the fitting and sealed. It should not move.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Thanks for the input TRBO VNM, your expertise is a blessing with installs on these cars

GreenDragon

Proper routing of brake line

Hi there, I dug up a photo of my IRS install and you can clearly see the routing of the brakeline on the driver's side.
P1010671_zpsaeca6aee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] My brake lines were from Maximum Motorsports, so looks like yours might be a different brand as they have different brackets, and also look a bit longer. I'd do two things in your case including a) flip your hose bracket so that it hangs below the upper control arm and b) pull as much slack through this bracket so that most of the excess hangs above the bracket. I think if you do both, you won't have any more rubbing issues on the upper control arm. Regards, Aron

Users who are viewing this thread