Installing Terminator blower and heads on 97 shortblock, stock bottom end safe?

JRMotorsports55

Established Member
I've read that the stock engine can handle 400-450 WHP. I know most people run vortechs at the lower boost levels, just curious if anything would be different with the Eaton setup. Stock pulley setup is around 10 psi, am I safe to run that on stock bottom end? I know the Eatons make power much lower than Centris, wanted to make sure I would not be shooting myself in the foot without changing out bottom end.

Thanks,

Jason

nomoretickets

Established Member
far too many variables involved to give any definitive answer. Assuming your shortblock is in good shape now, 400-450 can be workable, but really comes down to careful tuning and your driving style. this topic has been beaten to death in so many threads, and the general consensus is that at 450 rwhp you are working on borrowed time with your connecting rods. Honestly though, if you are doing a full top end swap and will have the whole thing pulled apart anyway, why not just spend the extra cash and rebuild the shortblock with forged rods and pistons? Makes sense to do it up front while its all apart rather than build it, blow it, and just have to start over

JRMotorsports55

Established Member
Yeah, figured it would be borderline. Trying to minimize money put in as I might not keep the car too long. I have all the parts for the swap, so I figure why not. Maybe I'll do bottom end. Just wanted to be opinions as I know roots blower comes on much lower than centri so I was not sure if it would be more stressful on internals.

Thanks,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread