Installing motor, not sure where these wires go:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I just put the new motor and trans back in the car and since it has been over 2 years since I pulled the original motor/trans I'm having trouble remembering where some of these plugs go. The first pic is of the small clip that I think goes somewhere behind the passenger head and the second pic is a smaller clip that may go behind the drivers side head.

I'm not sure if maybe something is missing since these are not the heads that were on the old motor, I haven't been able to see any attachment points.
20170415_202707.jpg
20170415_202756.jpg
Please look at the pics and give me an idea, thanks!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes they go to the little black things on the back of each head that help keep electrical interference down

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Ok so I can't find those little black boxes in my parts bin so they must have not made the transfer from the old heads, anyone know where I can get replacements? Are they even useful?

Sent from my LG-K373 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Can someone double-check that this is the correct part number for the capacitors?
F7LZ-18801-AA

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW I forgot to plug mine in one of the times I put the engine back in my 01. Never noticed any issues. It was like that about 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread