Installing Maximum Motorsport 4-point roll bar + low slung door bars in my '91 Vert

Replayman

I've got a '91 Mustang LX convertible with a Coyote swap and independent rear suspension. I want to move up from local autox to occasional HPDE track days with NASAne, and in order to participate, I need a proper 4-point roll bar.
So I ordered Maximum Motorsport's with the fixed harness bar + diagonal bar for added support & protection. MM also has a low slung door bar, but for hardtops only, convertibles can only get the standard high door bars. Low door bars would be better for me, I use my car regularly, so I ordered them just in case they could be tweaked.
I had Rob at Real Speed Automotive do the job, same place that did the Coyote swap and IRS.

img_2403.jpg

Shipped everything to Real Speed Automotive

img_2429.jpg

Stripped the interior

img_2431.jpg

Rob welded support braces for added strength and support, rather than bolting the roll bar to the car.

dsc03880.jpg

dsc03878.jpg

The 4-point roll bar, harness bar & diagonal bar fit great.

dsc03877.jpg

Yes, the low slung bars did not fit properly in the vert. You couldn't close the doors. Sorry, I don't have any before pics, but above are after the bars have been slightly bent, and fit great
dsc03876.jpg

dsc03870.jpg

photo-29.jpg

Underneath the car, Rob creates a bracket that is bolted the roll bar, and is welded directly to the MM full frame connectors.

photo-9.jpg

photo-22.jpg

After final fitment and tweaks, the roll bar is removed and sent out to be painted

photo-8.jpg

photo-17.jpg

Looks and fits great. It has proper function and safety.

blownfox

Established Member
Your car is extremely clean! How to you like the Coyote and IRS swap? Did ReelSpeed do a video on your car?

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great! What width corbeau seats are you using? I will be doing something similar, wanted to use seats for up to 36 in waist. I know they come in 32,36 and 40. wondered about the low slung door bars and seat fit, it looks great!

Replayman

Love the Coyote engine...it is incredible. The IRS is awesome. Yes, there is YouTube videos on my car.

Replayman

The corbeau LG1 seats are the larger version. As far as width they are comfortable, but overall as a car seat, they are very hard and stiff. Not my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread