Installing Jegs stainless Cat deletes

ViciousJay

Established Member
I want to remove the cats to mess around with the lope idle but god damn these cars sound effin horrible with their poppy crackly exhaust note once the cats are gone! :/
God damn it! I miss my 2000 GT exhaust so friggin much! My car sounds ok now but its still shit compared to my old 2v GT.
Are there any exhaust setups that don't sound like you dropped a whole bunch of pop corn into a tin can on deceleration once you remove the cats??

I spent countless hours looking at youtube vids trying to find something and so far .... not having much luck.

h pipe and gt500's is the PERFECT combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToIpxT4szv8&feature=relmfu

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
That sounds pretty good, not crackly but also very hollow...
I'm curious if the 2013 gt500 axlebacks would sound good

saleen homer

Established Member
i have the bbk cat deletes and my stock clamps at too small. They leave a gap at the back side (x pipe side) of the clamp and the exhaust is just pouring out of there. How do i stop this? Also, the clamp on the x pipe to the cats came together at the joint and touched. With the delete pipe, it stays about 3/8-1/2" from touching.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I want to remove the cats to mess around with the lope idle but god damn these cars sound effin horrible with their poppy crackly exhaust note once the cats are gone! :/
God damn it! I miss my 2000 GT exhaust so friggin much! My car sounds ok now but its still shit compared to my old 2v GT.
Are there any exhaust setups that don't sound like you dropped a whole bunch of pop corn into a tin can on deceleration once you remove the cats??

I spent countless hours looking at youtube vids trying to find something and so far .... not having much luck.

You will never get that old Windsor or 2v sound from a Coyote. Totally different engine and the Coyote uses the Flathead firing order, not the 351W firing order. That is part and parcel in the exhaust note. Also, the tune makes a difference. The AED tune'[s valve events enhance the pop and crackle. Some like it, some hate it. If you want to get close to the old school sound, I have found that the Dynomax Ultra-Flows are close, as are the 40 series Flows. Still, it is a sound you will not get.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread