Installing FRPP Springs

Tim Comer

Established Member
Getting ready to install some FRPP springs plus BMR adjustable panhard bar and have a coupe of questions. First, since they only lower the car an inch, do I really need LCA relocation brackets? And second, how long do you drive the car to let the springs settle before you take it in for an alignment? Car is getting ready to be put up for the winter, so it won't get too many more miles on it. Thanks for any replies.

KINGPINracing

Established Member
I've been dropped on eibach sport lines for over 14k miles. Never did the relo brackets. I don't race anymore. Just a street car. My car handles great and no issues with the Paxton power.

If you can get 25-50 miles after the drop they should settle just fine. If not a few trips in and out of driveways / speed bumps should accomplish the same thing.

Good luck!!

nissenc1337

Established Member
If i'm not mistaken, the relocation brackets are to ensure the LCA's are level by moving the connection point down (lower the car car the higher the rear axle). So, if your LCA's are close 90 degrees to the axle/parallel to the ground when on the ground then you're fine.

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's what i've read.

BMR Tech

Getting ready to install some FRPP springs plus BMR adjustable panhard bar and have a coupe of questions. First, since they only lower the car an inch, do I really need LCA relocation brackets? And second, how long do you drive the car to let the springs settle before you take it in for an alignment? Car is getting ready to be put up for the winter, so it won't get too many more miles on it. Thanks for any replies.

It depends on whether or not, you care about maximized traction. I recommend just going forward with the installation of everything, then making you decision based on how the car feels under load.

The LCA Brackets will definitely make a substantial difference, even on a car lowered 1".

As for the settling, I'd put about 150 miles on the car, then have it aligned.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread