Installing bbk LT

Stang Lover

Established Member
I'll be installing some bbk LT I purchased probably next weekend. I'll be doing this on a lift and I couldn't find any good write ups or videos. My question is what is he best and safest way to support the engine on a lift? Have any of you guys had any issues with bbk LT?

BLKFOX

Established Member
I did mine on the ground (wasn't fun but it worked out alright). I bought an engine support brace from Harbor Freight and supported it from the top while I dropped the K member. It's a tedious/time consuming job getting everything to line up. I think I had the most issues when trying to hook the EGR back up, the 3/8" intake spacer made the gap to connect the tub to the port far enough apart to be a pain. I put my BBK's on with Percy's gaskets and everything was solid (still is as far as I know). It shouldn't be near as bad if you're doing it on a lift, especially a two post.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Well they're in just have to button up a few suspension components and it'll be rolling. I did get k member in tho.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Finally got it off the lift earlier this afternoon. Thank goodness it's not rubbing on the steering shaft I was praying when I was backing out haha. To be honest the install isn't bad like people make it out to be. I understand not everyone has access to a lift but the engine support bar made it very easy if your doing it on jack stands I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread