Installing ATS Brembos on the Cobra.

Blown38

Established Member
I have the 14" GT500 FTBR rotors on the Marauder I could measure, but the the bolt pattern is pretty big where the hat bolts on.

Blown38

Established Member
This is with Corvette calipers.
20220321_110607.jpg

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I sent both vendors an email asking for the dimensions of the center aluminum hat for their 13" SN95 rotors.

Lets see what they say. I would like to run the 2-peice rotors myself and shave a few pounds (and the looks). I'm also running corvette calipers, so i need to know for those calipers regardless as they have a deeper overhang than the standard Cobra caliper

FinnCobra

Established Member
Could I use GT500 rotors, so I could use whole brakepad. I can machine outer diameter if it is too big, but is offset similar.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
For those who need a spare tire. I picked up a Racestar Recluse wheel for $125 and plan to mount a 145/70/18 temp spare to it. This is an 18x5 wheel, so it will fit in the spare tire well.

Miles of clearance on brakes with it. I have a tow policy but wanted to carry a spare in case i need a good tire to roll onto a flatbed/trailer.

Here it is with my C6 calipers (that didn’t clear the 04 cobra 17” spare I had) but there is tons of clearance that it should work fine with the brembos

10273DA3-5FAE-439D-8BAB-C06E75D67080.jpeg
0F84E66F-C003-4A39-A3D8-6D706D37D992.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
@Mustang5L5 when you test fitted the Cosmis XT-005R wheels were they the 18x9 with the 25+ mm offset? I still haven't mounted my set because I love my wheels and I had them on the car for almost 6 years. I am thinking of buying the 00R kit and selling the ATS kit later down the road.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
@Mustang5L5 when you test fitted the Cosmis XT-005R wheels were they the 18x9 with the 25+ mm offset? I still haven't mounted my set because I love my wheels and I had them on the car for almost 6 years. I am thinking of buying the 00R kit and selling the ATS kit later down the road.

Yes, they were the 18x9 +25 wheels. I forget how much of a spacer I needed to clear, but it pushed the wheel out far enough past the fender (fox car) that I wasn't happy with it.

Cosmis is supposedly redesigning the wheel this summer and going to offer more offsets/BS at the end of 2022. I'm waiting to see if they offer something that may clear the calipers better.

I was going to sell off my ATS brembos and pick up the '00 R brembos but wants to confirm they would clear without spacer first. I haven't been able to confirm this.

ANother option was the Baer 6P caliper. Very expensive, but according to the template they supply it won't clear by 1-2mm. I had source tell me the template is a bit conservative so it might still work, but I don't feel like rolling the $2k dice on this.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Wanted to update the thread. I have been tracking the car for 2 years with some really good pads, motul 600 fluid and Taurus rear calipers to help with the bias without any issues. Car stops hard and it stays compliant. I have been to Nelson Ledges, CMP, VIR, and Mid Ohio. Heading back to CMP this fall with the car.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
@Mustang5L5 Thanks man you have been a big help! I appreciate the experimentation on what works and what doesn't. Right now on the SN95, the Cosmis wheels sit flush with the fender. It would look really goofy with the wheels pushed out lol, but perfect for drifting.

@gilby959798 Wow!!!! I'm happy to see the setup is being pushed through its paces.

96dreamer

Established Member
It's fun to see how widespread the use of the Taurus 43mm calipers has gotten.

I can still remember way back when I bought one based off a google image search and said to myself "What are the chances this thing bolts up to an SN95 brake setup"

If only I got royalties on that discovery :LOL:

Had them on my car for the better part of two years. Aside from a leaking one rock auto replaced I've had no issues.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Had them on my car for the better part of two years. Aside from a leaking one rock auto replaced I've had no issues.
I had a leaker too. I powder coated mine without disassembling them, so I thought that was why. Bought a rebuild kit and new piston, rebuilt it and has been fine since.

Users who are viewing this thread