Installing ATS Brembos on the Cobra.

GG3000GT

Established Member
Shout out to S&S engineering LLC. Installed my kit today and I must say this is an excellent product. These inserts are perfect and well made. Just waiting on 10mm wheel spacers to clear the new calipers.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
And another question. anyone run the ATS Brembos with the Baer 2-piece rotors? Bottom of pad looks like it would be damn close to the rotor hat area.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Has anyone installed the ATS brembos with COSMIS XT-005r wheels? Curious if they clear without a spacer.

98600e157f859da20889385ccb509ddf.jpg

I will be doing mine soon! I’ve been busy with smaller projects. I’m also not running any spacers because i bought the calipers last summer milled down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I test fit those a while ago. NONE of the OEM Sn95 17x8's fit except for the 98 Cobra. They hit the spokes on the face of the caliper and you would need a 1/2" spacer or possible larger (I didn't try it) to clear the caliper.

I tested:
94-97 Cobra
98 Cobra (these clear fine)
99/01 Cobra
99-04 bullitt
99-04 painted 5-spoke 17"
96-98 split 5-star

Only the 98 cobra fit.

I've been told that the OEM 17x9's do clear fine (03 cobra, 1995 cobra R, FR500's, 10th anniversary)

96dreamer

Established Member
Factory 03/04 cobras do clear with the offset bushing inserts and behind the disc spacer.
20200127_210546.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

antiv6

Established Member
My 17 x 9 chrome Americanmuscle replica wheels cleared with S&S Engineering kit. I did have to remove the wheel weights and have them rebalanced with the weights in a different area.

https://imgur.com/uKDi5UO

What size hub centric spacer do I need for the spare to fit in case that’s ever needed? I’d assume it won’t clear this set up.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Reps. No grinding will accomplish the fitment. Going to scour it see if the 94-98 American Muscle Fr500s in 17 will fit. I've heard mixed reviews. If I need to use the 99-04 set I will.

Damn got some old AFS Cobra reps a lot if investment to find out they dont fit. (Well not really but you know). Who made your reps?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FATAZ

Hey! Can someone please help me out with a few basic measurements of these calipers? I've gone through every thread, but have only come up with the mounting hole width of 5". This is for a custom project, so looking for the stock measurements. The ebay seller has ignored my requests for this info. Please see attached diagram. Thanks!

Attachments

• Dimensions-Cadillac-Brembo.jpg
    Dimensions-Cadillac-Brembo.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Hey! Can someone please help me out with a few basic measurements of these calipers? I've gone through every thread, but have only come up with the mounting hole width of 5". This is for a custom project, so looking for the stock measurements. The ebay seller has ignored my requests for this info. Please see attached diagram. Thanks!

mount center is 128mm.

the others I’ll need to measure when I get a caliper in front of me

96dreamer

Established Member
@FATAZ I should be able to get those dimensions tomorrow night. I've got a wheel of the car doing some fuel system work anyway.

Mustang5L5

Established Member

Center mount = 128mm
Mount height to top of stock pad = 101mm (this is an estimate due to difficulty measuring
Width of caliper from the parting line FRONT FACE = 74mm
Width of caliper from the parting line REAR = 82 mm
Mount offset from center partition to face of mounting inserts = 17mm
Mount face width (including inserts and without machining) = 22mm

Some of these dims are hard to measure, so assume a +/- of 1-2mm or so. If something is close, i can remeasure for you. The 128mm center mount is a known value. The Mustang spindle is a 130mm center mount spacing.

FATAZ

Hey Mike - Thanks for this! I've combined your info with my graphic, just in case anyone else needs these measurements.

Attachments

• Cadillac-Brembo-Caliper-Dimensions.jpg
    Cadillac-Brembo-Caliper-Dimensions.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 455

Users who are viewing this thread