Installing ATS Brembos on the Cobra.

GodStang

Established Member
I'm no expert but I've been around 2 different fixed calipers like this and they could both be flipped from one side to the other by switching plug and bleeder.

The reason I ask is I've found a few sellers on eBay selling brand new gm ats pass side calipers loaded with clips and pads for less than most pay for the bare caliper.

Ya looks to be just swapping the plug/bleeders but not 100% on that. I saw the ones on ebay and they are $100 more than I seen most paying.

cj428mach

Established Member
Rockauto they are about $243 fot the pair. Not including taxes or shipping

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

And those are bare calipers correct? Its about $20 in shipping and $20 in taxes for me, so close to $300 for bare calipers. The ones on ebay are $210-$250 shipped a pair for calipers with pads, pins and clips, unfortunately they're all pass side.

GodStang

Established Member
And those are bare calipers correct? Its about $20 in shipping and $20 in taxes for me, so close to $300 for bare calipers. The ones on ebay are $210-$250 shipped a pair for calipers with pads, pins and clips, unfortunately they're all pass side.

I guess it all depends where you live and who you buy from. I think mine was $280 for pads, calipers, pins and clips.

96dreamer

Established Member
I got both of mine for $102 shipped on ebay. Seller had them listed wrong as base calipers but with pictures of the Brembos.
Annotation 2020-01-17 101707.png

KBR

Established Member
Can we get together a list of wheels that are known to work with the ATS calipers? I have stock 03-34 cobra wheels, but I'm looking to change up my wheels and don't want to purchase something that won't fit. I'm looking at getting some FR500 reps(can't afford CCW or Weld this season). LMR sales tech said he thought their 17x9 FR500s would fit. Anyone who has done the swap feel free to chime in with their set ups.

Rueben95sn95

Would it be worth switching to manual brakes? My car will still be a daily driver. I am in the beginning stages of this brake upgrade. I have everything except for a cobra brake booster and master cylinder and proportioning valve.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cj428mach

Established Member
I got my 2 loaded pass side calipers in and while the bleeder screws and plugs look swappable the brake hose inlet port is slightly offset to one side meaning the calipers are different side to side. They may work but I opted just to buy the correct drivers side and strip the other pass side caliper.

A friend tried making some silver caliper decals last night but was having issues with the machine so he's hoping to have them for me today so I can keep working.

I had a local shop mix up a custom can of paint using a paint camera to match the original caddy finish and it's close but will work. I wanted them to look just like the caddy calipers but with Cobra Brembo instead.

20200126_161146(1).jpg

20200126_161128(1).jpg

I installed the lowranger96 bushing kit and it was money well spent. Test fit went fine but the lines I ordered from the info in this thread look considerably shorter than the stockers. The stock lines go down, then bend back up which I don't think will work on these shorter lines. How are you guys clocking the line on the caliper?

GodStang

Established Member
If you guys need a decal or need the file let me know. I can send it over.

I got my 2 loaded pass side calipers in and while the bleeder screws and plugs look swappable the brake hose inlet port is slightly offset to one side meaning the calipers are different side to side. They may work but I opted just to buy the correct drivers side and strip the other pass side caliper.

A friend tried making some silver caliper decals last night but was having issues with the machine so he's hoping to have them for me today so I can keep working.

I had a local shop mix up a custom can of paint using a paint camera to match the original caddy finish and it's close but will work. I wanted them to look just like the caddy calipers but with Cobra Brembo instead.

View attachment 1620887
View attachment 1620888

I installed the lowranger96 bushing kit and it was money well spent. Test fit went fine but the lines I ordered from the info in this thread look considerably shorter than the stockers. The stock lines go down, then bend back up which I don't think will work on these shorter lines. How are you guys clocking the line on the caliper?

Users who are viewing this thread