Installing Aftermarket Gauges on Mustang 5.0

Johngreg

Established Member
Hey there, I bought a GlowShift aftermarket Gauges for water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure.
I was wondering what’s the best way to install each one?
For fuel pressure I connected into the Schroeder valve.
For coolant I removed the temp sensor but now found out the sensor on the aftermarket gauge is a different size and won’t thread in, any fix for this?
For oil pressure sensor I removed the sending unit, but then realized again that the size at the end are a little different and won’t thread it.
Please any help, is there any adapters I can buy that will still make the gauges read accurate or any other place I can tap into?

SVT-Cobra-1993

Established Member
Is it possible the aftermarket water temp gauge will match your factory sensor, just hook it up and try it, cant hurt. Alternatively you could drill and tap the water neck for the proper size to fit your sensor. For the oil pressure gauge sensor you'll probably have to adapt that, the block is tapped for 3/8 NPT just like the end of the factory oil pressure fitting so if it doesnt fit in the end, it wont go directly into the block either. Check with GlowShift, they have some adapter fittings that might work for you or they can at least verify the size fittings you have so you can get the proper adapters. Good luck with it.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread