Installed UPR pro series control arms. quick heads up...

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
overall the install was alright except for a small little problem... I installed the lowers fairly quick. I did not install the relocation brackets because I want to weld the axle tubes first. Went ahead and got rid of the old uca and uca mount and started to setup the new uca on the new bracket and the here is where the problem was spotted. The spacers that go the pivot that connects to the uca mounting bracket was not the right one. one of them had the right bore so that the bolt could go thru but the other one had a smaller bore so I could not mount it. My car was on jack stands and i was screwed. went with my buddy around town and found a machine shop open and they saved me by drilling the proper size hole on the spacer. this would not had been an issue at all if i would had checked everything before the install on Wednesday when i got the pars. pro tip... check everything LOL.. anyways im sure that itwas just a simple mistake when packing the hardware with the uca. also the instructions were missing not that they are required but could save some time..

the car feels great and is not as loud as i imagined. i set the pinion angle with an iphone level =/ i will have to double check it again with a good angle finder but i lost mine.. thats why i used the phone. i think its good though but will double check it when i get a chance. i also have to tweak the LCAs lengths a bit the car going to the left a little bit when tires brake loose but i am very happy with the setup. cant wait to hit the drag strip.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Wow 4:10's and a paxton your shifting quick! Those are spherical rod ends right?

4.10s are a pain in the ass with power to be honest. i will only take them to the track one more time just to see if its possible to get a 10 second slip shifting to fifth. my car at least. and yes spherical rears and upper. i really like how firm they make the rear feel.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
4.10s are a pain in the ass with power to be honest. i will only take them to the track one more time just to see if its possible to get a 10 second slip shifting to fifth. my car at least. and yes spherical rears and upper. i really like how firm they make the rear feel.

I can't even imagine what fun it is to keep traction in first gear :D

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
3rd gear rolls are fine. if the tires are heated up it will hook pretty good. i got some videos from yesterday testing the new parts. ill post the link in a bit.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
some solo runs testing the setup

[youtube_browser]jFoL_PFWr74&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnVumInM_SN-fg0qVC2pUNQ[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread